Newly pregnant & dwindling supply

Tigerlilyb

Mum of one each
Reaction score
I'm just gone 5 weeks pregnant and my supply already seems to be decreasing so much, to the point that when the milk runs out LO can throw a full blown tantrum while asking for more. I'll comfort her as best I can and let her dry nurse for however long she likes (paaain) but she just whimpers and begs for more. There's just nothing left!

I'm not sure if it's a question of thirst, I offer her extra drinks throughout the day but she has never been a big drinker. I've resorted to extra diluted juice since she'll drink about half a cup of that at a mealtime, but she'll only sip on water and will flat out refuse milk.

She is mostly nursed to sleep for naptime and bedtime, she has one feed in the morning and has very recently dropped her mid afternoon boob with a little encouragement. I'm really unsure if I want to wean or not, I have a love/hate relationship with nursing right now and selfishly I want to (obviously LO does not!), but tandem nursing has its appeal.

I'm just wondering if there's any way to make this easier on her? Will she get used to it in time? Anyone else been through similar?

Congrats on your pregnancy :) Never been in the situation but didn't want to read and run :)

Could you try a formula instead of milk?

Forgot to mention she won't take bottles, sippy cups, cows milk, she won't even have breastmilk in her cup! Boob all the way for this girl.

Thank you though :)

My little man is a booby boy too, has to forced to have a bottle of BM from DH when I go to the hairdressers :haha:

Hope someone can help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"