Nexplanon and pregnancy risk

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which section to post this in. My ds2 is almost 4 weeks old and today I had nexplanon implant fitted. Before I signed to agree to it I was given leaflets to read, which I didn't bother to, stupid I know but I've had it before so didn't feel like I needed to.

Now I've got home I've read that it's really important you don't have it fitted if you've had unprotected sex since your last period or childbirth. Even if you've taken the morning after pill. Does anyone know WHY?

It says if you fall pregnant on nexplanon there's no risk to the baby so I'm not sure why it's so important not to have sex before, is it just in case of pregnancy and nothing more serious? Google is coming up with no answers and it's bugging me!

We DTD once last week and 2 days ago. Both times OH pulled out but obviously I'm not silly enough to think that's enough to prevent a pregnancy. I wish I'd read that leaflet now!

My guess would be that people would assume they weren't pregnant and the implant could mask some of the symptoms, and then mum and baby's health are more at risk because antenatal checks aren't being done.

If I were you I'd go back to the health care provider who fitted it and explain your situation and ask about what it says in the leaflet. They'll probably make you take a couple of pregnancy tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->