Nexplanon/ Implanon . Anyone have either and how do you find it ?

Keyval

Reaction score
Getting the Implanon in on Friday and just wondering how you found it . Any side effects or anything ? And is it sore getting it in ? Thanks

I have it. Not really any side effects but it did kickstart my period lol I was just looking for a safe and effective form of bc while im bf.. Pills were out of the question cuz thats what I was using when I got pregnant lol when they gave me the shot to numb my arm, THAT is what hurt, you dont feel them put the thing in but u def feel it the next day (really the next few days, it stays sore for a while) and bruises...maybe they just did a bad job putting mine in haha but its really effective so its worth it. Actually oh and I have yet to dtd so I guess I got mine for nothing..ugh.

Same as PP it was just really sore for a few days. But no side effects, maybe a bit more moody lol but i had implanon first time around, worked great. No period for the first year then perfect regular periods. Nexplanon now, kick started my periods but they so far seem to be pretty regular too. I tried every other type of bc first time around and this one is by far the best imo

I've got the implanon - I had mine without the anaesthetic just went straight in - was slightly painful but nothing too bad!! It was sore for next few days but to be honest I imagined worse!! I started bleeding few days later and that was on and off for about 6 weeks then nothing for 8 weeks and now over past few days I've had some spotting! The worst thing I would say is the cramping that I now experience!! I've only ever had cramps during the second day of my period but these come n go but are definitely worse! But to me I have an effective birth control which I don't have to worry about -- bleeding on n off is definitely better than a full blown period and knowing I can easily have it taken out with no adverse affect to conception for set amount of time -- make the cramps worthwhile lol x

I had mine put in on the 7th, my experience has pretty much been the same as PP. The anaesthetic was more painful than the insertion, and it was just a bit tender and bruised for a couple of days afterwards. I think i've been a bit more moody, and also i've had some spotting today. Not sure if this is my period coming (I'm 9 weeks PP and still breastfeeding so I hope not..) or maybe just a bit of spotting :shrug: x

ETA I've got Nexplanon

Got mine put in back in July and the procedure is quick and painless... they will mark a dot on your arm, do the anesthetic, then insert it right under the skin. you don't feel a thing! Of course keep the bandage on... but you will notice it is sore the next couple days and you will see your arm at the insertion site is bright blue and bruised! don't poke at it lol...(I did dirty masochist)

but yeah you'll be weird about leaning on it and stuff for a while but honestly you'll forget about it.

I did spot afterwards and had 2 periods lasting over a month straight but I haven't had a period in 2 months now and just this morning wiped blood after using the toilet. the unpredictable bleeding is not that bad honestly... just keep pads/tampons on hand and always wear a panty liner. also it caused my boobs to get bigger, but I have lost around 10 pounds on it and have gained none since having it.... I have noticed it caused a weird CM that will remind you of EWCM but thick stretchy and yellowish white... I have read up on it and the birth control causes thickened mucus to prevent sperm from meeting egg. Hope this helps and it is nice to forget about birth control!

I had the implanon for just over a year. No side effects at all, can't remember it being painful to have put in. It was worse having it taken out to be honest!

I haven't had periods at all and I'm pregnant now. So very satisfied with it and will certainly have it again after I had this baby!

i had the implanon for two years and for the first seven months i had bleeding non stop so didn't agree with me as i had terrible mood swings too, its one of them things, its great for some not for others

Oh yes taking it out was not pleasant!!!!! can't feel it but, it's just not fun lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->