NeyNey and Dylan-our precious man's birth story....positve experience (with Pics)

NeyNey

Love My IVF Munchkin
Reaction score
Well, I have my mum here tending to Dylan for a bit so am grabing the opportunity to get my birth story down :thumbup:

August 12th 7am:
Rang labour ward to check we were ok to come up for our induction, and was told they had quite a rush overnight and it might not happen for us today :growlmad: but I could go up and sit in the waiting room and see what happens. So I said we will be there in 10!! Got there, and after about 20 mins was taken in to be assessed to see if I could have my waters broken,

9am:
was 2cm dialated and fully effaced to they went ahead and broke waters and started me on the drip to bring on contractions. For the first many hours I got small tightenings but nothing major. I was having my dosage increased every half hour, but was managing fine, chatting and laughing away with DH, Mum and Midwife. :happydance:

2:30pm
Suddenly I went from having these wee little contractions to "What the freakin hell was that!!" pretty much back to back. I then asked for G&A and was given that but honestly it did nothing at all except make me feel sick and dizy...So after two contractions I threw that aside and asked for Epidural :haha:. So around 3:30 I was assessed again and told I was 3cm but cervix was paper thin and head was really low. But to be told I was only 3cm I was like "WTF!" :dohh: Had my Epi, and while it was waiting to kick in they tried to put a catheter in but couldn't get it in.....MW was confused why it wasn't going in....

4pm:
MW did an internal and discovered bubby was RIGHT THERE! and beginning to crown. So she put the catheter aside and said we were going to have a baby instead...:wacko: I remember saying "No, I'd rather wait for the Epi to kick in if that's ok" :rofl: When I was told I'd have to go without I started to panic a little but DH was very reassuring and helped me through. So after 20 mins of pushing, baby Dylan Thomas was born at 4:25pm. He weighed 6.2 pounds or 2.795kgs and was 48cm long. I had a small internal and external tear which needed stitches but apart from that I'm very happy how it went. Just over 2 hours of active labour.

DH said the first thing I said after Dylan was put on my chest was "I could do this again......All of it"

So after almost 5 years of trying, and eventually IVF we finally have our family....and our little miracle.

I can't thank everyone here enough for their support over our years of LTTTC. I can't even imagine getting through some of the hard times without this site...and I'm proud as punch to be able to tell you this wonderful story today :flower::hugs:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/JadedMortality/DSCF5787.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/JadedMortality/DSCF5808.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/JadedMortality/DSCF5815.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/JadedMortality/DSCF5821.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/JadedMortality/DSCF5827.jpg

Wow, so quick! Really glad it went so well for you. Have been wondering how you got on as I know you had your induction a few days ago.
He's lovely.

Great birth story NeyNey and he is so cute!!! I can't believe how quickly you had him!! LOL! Congratulations again! x x

Congratulations once again sweetheart! You did wonderful!! Omg, you are making me a bit broody too. haha

Congratulations, 2 hours is a blessing would love to have that.

Oh babe that is a wonderful story! Glad my crossed fingers for a speedy affair helped :haha:

It's astonishing how long it's been, isn't it? Our conversations on Maca and Preseed seem to have happened an eternity ago, in the age of innocence, when we didn't know IVF was going to be our ticket to these wonderful babies.

So very glad your wondrously handsome boy is here, lovely, can't wait to meet him next year!

wow he is really cute! nothing like my baby looked when he was born lol (coneheaded)!! congrats xx

Aww NeyNey he absolutely precious! Congratulations again hun x

Congratulations, he is so cute xxx

congratulations hun :D he is beautiful :D im so glad you finally got your little family xx

congratulations you have a very cute little boy :cloud9:

aw hun, he is really cute and gorgeous. Congrats on his safe arrival, you really deserve it after everything you have been through :hugs: xxx

NeyNey congratulations and what a quick birth ohh u made me laugh too, so funny but he is adorable. What beautiful eyes he has. Congrats again hun

NeyNey I'm so happy for you, and what a wonderful birth experience. Congratulations, he's beautiful xx

Congratulations NeyNey I'm so happy for you! :cry::cloud9:

Congratulations sweetie!!! He's absolutely beautiful!!! xxxx

Sounds like it was a great labour, and your baby boy is adorable, well done and best wishes to you and your little family <3

congrats, he is gorgeous!

Fantastic inspiring story - hopefully mine will be as quick! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"