• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHS £10 charge to attend A&E

Back in 2012 we used to had to pay €10 every 3 months. You could claim it back if you were on a low income. If youbsaw a doctor, you wouldn't need to pay 10€ again if you wanted to see a lady doctor (they tend to be separate here) but if you went to hospital you'd have to pay another €10. If you went again in that quarter you wouldnt need to pay again.

The doctor where I am is great. He is open every day in the morning and open Tuesdays and Thursdays in the evening from 5 until 7. I've never had to make an appointment to see him and only had to wait 5 minutes before I did see him.

I had my gallbladder out last year and I had to pay 10€ a day to stay there but I could claim it back as I'm on a low income. Hospitals here are so much more better, people actually have time for you and they have a great bedside manner. You're never left waiting for things that's for sure. The doctors were fantastic during my pregnancy and even got a free 3D scan.

After seeing the level of healthcare between here and the UK, the healthcare is without a doubt 100 times better. They scraped the 10€ per quarter last year. From a low income POV I've never had to pay a penny for a thing (except some prescriptions which were about 5€ but I was even able to claim back on those).

I don't think charging £10 every visit would help at all. Some people would probably point blank refuse to see a doctor because they don't want to pay up. I think it should be charged for time wasters, people who get pissed at weekends and expect the hospital to sort them out and people who miss appointments. That'd might stop people abusing the system. Oh and charge people who aren't residents of the UK who come in for free stuff. Maybe there wouldn't be such a drain on it if they charged the time wasters and freeloaders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->