NHS Policy on Condoms!

I totally agree - I'm a student and they really push not getting pregnant, as opposed to not getting stds, at my student health service. When I saw my doctor after having LO and she asked me about contraception, I said I was sticking to condoms and she told me off and said it was 'too risky' (wtf) using condoms, that I really needed hormonal contraception...
There has also been a big push on chlamidya (sp) testing recently. I wonder how much less it would cost the NHS if they didn't have to campaign against chlamidya because more people used condoms in the first place?

Absolutely. It seems they would rather fork out the treatment for STIs than take significant steps to prevent it. I am trying to work out if it is more cost effective to supply someone with an adequate amount of condoms, or supply them with a lifetime of anti retroviral drugs and long term consultant-led care in the event of HIV contraction. And its not just STIs condoms are a legitimate contraceptive for married people like me.

I asked for some... Got 4. WTF.
So I got the coil instead :/

Although, now reading the above posts, that doesn't protect me/him from STIs if I got a new sexual partner x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->