Nice maternity wear - UK

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
UK ladies - have you found anywhere that does smart (work suitable) maternity wear at a reasonable price?

I love the stuff at Isabella Oliver but no way I can afford ~£75 for a top which I'll only wear for a few months! I've also looked at Seraphine (at John Lewis) but find them a bit pricey too.

I need a couple of things that I wear to our head office when I go once/twice a week, for my usual workplace I can keep it casual which makes it a lot easier. Most of my stuff so far has come from New Look and Mothercare!

Any suggestions are very welcome, thanks!

There's a few bits in H&M, I also got a few nice things in next, I got them in the Christmas sales, so were very cheap, don't know how reasonable normally though?? You've also got new look? The store closest to me has stopped their maternity range, but they did say some stores stock it and you can buy online xx

Ive just ordered some bits off Vertbaudet (order code 5500 for 30% off and a free gift :thumbup:)

Ill let you know what they are like when they arrive :)

I don't want to put you off, but I got a few bits from Vertbaudet last IMO and they weren't good quality and didn't wash well. I washed as the instructions and two of the tops I couldn't wear again as they'd gone out of shape. :nope:

I bought mainly from Isabella Oliver and Seraphine. I had a few bits from New Look, Dorothy Perkins etc and again, they didn't wash well. I found the IO and Seraphien stuff washed really well. I didn't spend loads, IO have a 45% off sale on quite often or you can get hardly worn items on eBay. I got a few bits from each and they washed really well and still look new. I'm going to wear them again this time. I think I got my maternity jeans in New Look though and they are great!

Have you tried George/Asda as they have a maternity section and Matalan as others have said.

Hope you find some nice things xx

I got some nice black work trousers from George @ Asda. They fit really well a d were only £12

Thanks for all the replies - are these places good for workwear though? Our HO is in the city so I'd usually wear trousers and a smart top, or a smart dress (I try to avoid suits but all the guys wear them every day, that's the level I need to dress up to).

This is where I'm struggling - I find that New Look etc is really good for home/casual work stuff, but not suitable for HO. Before pregnancy I didn't mind spending a bit more on the odd dress/skirt etc because I know I can keep them for ages but it seems daft to do that for something I'll only use for a few months.

Are there any ladies here who work in a similar environment and have found good clothes somewhere?

H&M have some lovely stuff and yeah george at asda have some work suitable stuff too x

I work is a H/O for a large company and the work trousers I mentioned from George are perfectly acceptable.

I found the Red Herring section in Debenhams had some nice things :) there was only a small section in my nearest shop but I still managed to get quite a few bits and they had some smart work/office trousers and tops probably have more online. It wasn't too expensive about £20 for tops and I got some jeans for £22 so was very pleased.
Xxx

Next have a few smarter bits.
Have a look on ebay, i got some bargains on there last time i was pregnant. Some lovely dresses, not necessarily 2nd hand but still heavily discounted.
Jojo Maman Bebe, but they're quite casual (and expensive)
THink you'll just have to mix and match from lots of places!
Frustrates me how few high street shops actually have the items in the shops!

H&M have some nice printed dresses in at the mo that would be fine for the office

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->