Night pumping???

Bella12

Reaction score
My milk supply is low and it's my fault. I have a bad cold, my two-year-old son has been waking up 3 or 4 times each night, I'm going back to work and stressing, I'm trying to prepare my house to go on the market in a few days, I'm trying to fill out paperwork correctly buy a new home, and the list goes on and on and on.....

As a result I'm not taking good care of myself and my milk supply has taken a hit. Will night pumping help? Does drinking mother's tea help? What's the best way to quickly increase your milk supply? Thanks!!!! 😊

Never mind. My milk picked up and I didn't do anything. My cold has gone away.

I'm glad things picked back up! Nasty cold messing things up.

Stress really impacts the ability to let-down (cortisol blocks oxytocin) so maybe that had an impact too?

If you have kind of weak let downs like I do, I highly recommend taking a fennel supplement. I had great let downs and ran out of fennel. I wasn't sure it was doing much, so I didn't bother to refill. Well, it was definitely helping because my let downs were pretty weak again. I went from spraying from multiple pores on my best side to getting one or two sprays only if I used compression. I hope this helps!

Thanks ladies. Sometimes I feel like my milk supply is great and sometimes it seems to be lacking. I haven't figured out any correlation yet. I'll definitely give fennel supplement a go. My baby girl is not gaining weight fast enough according to the pediatrician.... So I now need to try to increase my milk supply. Ugh. The fun. Lol

To answer your original question, yes, night pumping should help. That was the single things that makes or breaks my supply. Unfortunately... because man I'd love to sleep while DS sleeps!!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->