Night weaning a 1 year old…help!

fashionlover

Reaction score
I love breastfeeding my child but I have had it with the multiple feeds a night thing. We are co-sleeping and I love having her close to me, but I have got to get some sleep. Any advice on how to night wean a 1 year old:wacko::wacko::wacko: would be greatly appreciated!

We used dr Jay Gordon and I know a lot of ladies on here have also had success with his method. Just google him.

My son has regressed! He used to sleep through but nor wakes between 4&6 times per night. We put his cot into his room because I wondered if we were disturbing him but he woke up more. It has gotten so bad my husband sleeps on the sofa (luckily it's enormous and super comfy) and when my son wakes up the first time in his cot, I just bring him into our bed.
We've tried the pick up put down method. I've tried letting hubby just take him to bed as well as other no tears approaches but none work.
I'm like a zombie at work as a result :( xx

Dr Jay Gordon has a method but it is recommended to be used after 18 months. Don't forget.that night weaning doesn't necessarily equal sleeping through. Personally I would rather just roll over and pop a boob in his mouth to get back to sleep rather than having to work for it ;)

Hi, don't know if it's of any help but I was all set on starting night weaning in October as I was totally exhausted from 6+ feeds a night for the past 4 months (I planned on the Dr Jay Gordon method over a longer length of time). Out of the blue my dd (13.5 months at the time) just changed to feeding only twice a night. It coincided with her walking loads all day long so I'm not sure if that's what's tired her out more and made her sleep better or whether it was just that she reached that stage. just wanted to give you hope that they can chage dramatically in their sleep patterns. x

I just did cold turkey, sent my oh in for 4 nights. He was annoyed for the first couple of times, but it really wasn't too bad. We still coslept though, so he wasn't too upset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->