Nipple Pain

Hopeful18

Reaction score
My LO just turned a year old. BF'ing has been going really well. The past few days, I have been getting a very sharp pains in my left nipple while she nurses. It is only while she nurses, When I pump at work I don't even notice it, but when she nurses... ough! It is getting more and more painful. This morning I even let out a little screech when she unlatched. I don't think it's her latch or teeth because there is no pain at all when she nurses on my right side.

Has anyone experienced something like this??? Should I call the doctor??

Thank you ladies!!

If you're still experiencing this and are worried I would probably go to the doctor just to rule out anything bad. I have had this happen to me, sometimes it's when my period has been due and one or both nipples have sharp pains in them, but it only lasts a few days then goes away. If your period hasn't arrived yet maybe it's thinking about making an appearance soon? Mine returned when they were both around 13-14mths, but I was feeling period symptoms from about 11 or 12mths.

Having this pain too. Was thinking it was my sons teeth?!

Do you have any other symptoms? Is it really just in the nipple, or the breast as well? Do you feel ok otherwise?

Has your cycle returned yet? Mine came back at 13 months and for a couple of weeks beforehand it hurt really bad when my LO nursed. It still hurts for a few days before I get my period even now.

Hmmm, interesting. I haven't had AF return yet! On my left side I have a blister or something that has bled so I doubt this is a hormonal thing but maybe?! And it is just the nipple for me. I used some left over apno today and made sure my son had a good latch and angle and things seem to be better! Praying it keeps up!

If you are having pain in your breast you might have a clogged duct. Is there a hard or hot spot on your breast? Or can you see a white dot on your nipple? The white dot leads back to where the plugged duct is and that can be a hard spot or even look red. I have had these a bunch before too. They are painful! If this is what you have try to nurse on this side first as baby sucks harder at the beginning of a feeding and can loosen the plug. Also, use a warm compress on that breast just before nursing / pumping, and take a warm shower and massage the lump.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"