Nipple stimulation question?

purplekitty

Reaction score
Hi, im 40 weeks today and had a sweep yesterday afternoon. The babys head wasnt engaged and was bobbing around in my pelvis. The midwife struggled at first but managed to perform a sweep in the end.

Anyway, before i left she suggested nipple stimulation and sex to help bring on the contractions. Ive been gently brushing over both nipples at the same time and it is definitely doing SOMETHING .... they are uncomfortable tightenings not contractions though. The question i have for you girls is a) have you tried this and has it worked b) do tightenings turn into contractions?

I am having the odd twinge without stimulating the nipples but im guaranteed that within seconds of brushing them im experiencing the tightenings. Just wondering if full blown labour has started in this way for anyone else... xx

:help::help:

I did this when I was over due. It definitely causes contractions! But with me, they never went anywhere... I would keep getting these annoying painful contractions and that was it!

I would get some strong contractions but they didnt take off sadly :( I even tried the breast pump, on for 4 minutes off for 4 minutes for an hour, but nothing more than strong pains :(

Yeah I've heard it'll cause contractions, but body will only then go into labour if already geared to anyway. So not recommended unless body is ready since can be painful results. But, at a certain point we are willing to try anything to get some sort of result!

this can work if you are close! My SIL used a breast pump for about 45 minutes and her water broke, she had baby a few hours later

unfortunately it didnt work... I went for a 2 mile walk, ate a punnet of raspberries...bounced on the trampoline... massaged nipples on off for most of the day... me and fiance have bedded TWICE .... and NOTHING !!!

Im 40 + 2, gunna phone the midwife later and ask if she can bring my monday apt forward to tomorrow and see if they will do another sweep.

My fiance started his paternity yesterday and im worried that we will waste a week waiting. feeling rather deflated this morning.

:(

oh man!! Yeah I guess all that stuff is old wive's tales then, drat!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->