Nitrites in urine??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by whitelilly, Apr 24, 2009.

1. whitelilly

whitelilly Mummy :)

Hi... I am new to 3rd tri but given that most of you ladies are near the end of the journey I am thinking this is the ideal place to ask!

I have got some urine dip sticks and everything seems normal except there appears to be a positive result for nitrites.

Does this mean I have an infection? I know it means that the kidney is not flushing out properly- so could it also mean dehydration???

x

2. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

I had it when pregnant and it meant i had a urine infection

3. whitelilly

Thanks... i am going to the midwife monday morning so i think i will just try and flush it out this weekend myself and see what the MW says... x

4. Dizzy321

Dizzy321 very proud mammy to 3!

yes they told me to drink as much fluids as i could and gave me a course of antibiotics x

5. whitelilly

I don't want to take any more antibiotics :( x

6. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

It could be. When i went to the hospital for lack of movements i had nitrates in my urine and she said it could be a sign of infection and she would send itoff for testing. Everything came back normal.

Just let your midwife know x