Nits - starting reception

CoralInGold

Reaction score
Hi all, my daughter starts reception tomorrow, she is really really excited, however, we found out last week that she has caught nits :-( & has hair down to her bottom, so has been a bit of a nightmare.

Does anyone know if they will send her home tomorrow? Surely not if it's her first day but at the same time I'm not sure they would appreciate the spreading of them...

Any advice would be really appreciated

If you found out last week, why has she still got nits?

I found out on Friday that my DD had caught nits, so on Saturday morning I went out, and bought some Hedrin (the 15 minute stuff that you only need to do one application), and then spent the next 3 hours treating everybody in the house.

By Saturday evening order was restored.

If you've treated your DD, surely there's no reason for the nursery to worry about it?

Anyway I've never heard of a school or nursery sending a child home for having nits anyhow.

I have treated her hair but I obviously missed a few eggs, she has such long thick hair, I run the nit comb through thoroughly every night, it's not a major case of them as I have got rid of the majority, I just wanted to make sure it was ok to bring her in as I wouldn't want to be responsible for spreading them.

I spoke to her teacher before hand anyway and she said it's fine as it's being treated.

If you treat as per the instructions then you should get rid of them within two weeks. With my son (he's the only one of mine to of had them) I treat it and then check through it daily. If after a couple if days there are any live ones I'll retreat it earlier than suggested. Then I always treat 7 and 14 days after the 1st treatment regardless of finding more or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->