No appetite

Googiepie

Reaction score
Did anyone experience no appetite in their first trimester? With my first, I was so hungry this time around I have to force myself to eat. I either feel full right away or sick. I'm worried something is wrong. My first appt isn't till sept. 18th.

I have been exactly the same as you. This is my first and I have always heard of women having cravings, and putting on weight during pregnancy but had never heard of the opposite. From about 6 weeks I went right off food, I ate only because i knew I needed to for bubs but not because i was hungry- I just wasn't.
Even now at 24 weeks I am still feeling pretty much the same, except now I do get hungry but when i eat I can't eat my 'normal' portion of food anymore. For some women it gets better and they have a really healthy appetite, but I am 7kgs down from what I was at the start of this pregnancy and I don't think I will be back to normal until afterwards.
The doctors were not worried, just wanted to make sure that I am eating my main meals at least, I am sure the same will be said for you :)

Same here! Worst is my nausea sometimes feels like hunger so I make myself something then I can't eat it. My main meal at night you'll be lucky if I ate half of it. Second and third trimester I eat everything on sight haha!

I get like that too, sometimes. Or I find I get really full up really quickly.

I have noticed I'm not really hungry at all, which is weird for me I'm usually always up for a snack. I've been making myself eat but I feel so full and sick after I think I need to just slow down.

I've always heard you want to do nothing but eat in the first trimester...I'm only just 4 weeks so I'm nervous something is wrong!

I'm 11 weeks and have been off my food since week 6, when the nausea kicked in. I have hyperemesis, but just try and eat little and often. More importantly, make sure you are getting fluids down you. Don't worry!

I'm a little over 5 weeks and I constantly feel like I don't want to eat. Once in a while I get cravings, but I don't eat nearly as much as I used to. I always worry that I'm getting stressed and that's causing me to lose my appetite even more.

I have too. I have not yet experienced this huge urge to eat, so far my appetite's been normal or the opposite!

I did not eat much to start with felt sick and tired from 5 weeks but around 9 weeks the sickness eased and eating helped keep it off. I eat little and often now but eat plenty of fruit. I find when i let myself get empty i feel sick and faint. Everyones different. Dont worry xx

I find my appetite is half of what it used to be. I have to force myself to eat, otherwise I'd feel too full and not eat anything. I think the bloating feeling has a lot to do with that, and the mild nausea. And I'm one that really loves my food!

I lost appetite since 4 weeks until now 11 weeks. My ob does not concerned. I feel sick after meal these few days and I have nausea every now and then but no vomit so far. Knock on wood! I feel better when I eat out with friends.....what an excuse! ;-) I lost a couple of kg and has not come back yet. I think it's normal. It's tough but I won't complain. I like to get slimmer before start gaining weight. I'm scared to gain too much weight coz I tend to have swollen face when I get extra few kg :-(

Me too. With my first pregnancy my appetite was fine. This time round I can't finish meals as I feel either sick or full up really quickly!

Hope it stops soon, I love my food! However my craving for pickled onions has returned! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->