No BFP after using Clearblue Smiley OPK

babyfeet

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have been using Clearblue digital OPKs for the last four months and still no BFP. Every month I get a smiley face and have DTD a few days before and a few days after. For the last two months I have started getting a brown spotting a day or two before my period. Anyone had the same?? or how long did it take to get your BFP using the digital ovulation sticks.

Its a good sign that your getting a smiley face to indicate that your ovulating. I used those in December and never once did I get a smiley face. Then this month I started using cheap OPK's this month and the same again no line so I gave up as they were stressing me. I think thats where they get the statistic from that that average healthy couple take 6 months to conceive, as even if your doing it at the perfect time it still dosent guarentee you will conceive, hopefully it wont take much longer for you. I've ordered the clearblue fertility monitor for my next cycle.
I used to always get brown spotting a day or so before my period so I always knew it was on the way, this month I didnt and its the first month I've been taking vitamin B6 50mg from the doctor, the spotting could indicate a short luteal phase.

I've been using clearblue digital OPKs for 4 months too. I had a smiley face every month, timed BD perfectly but nothing yet. It's good that you know you ovulate. An average couple BD around Ov. time has a chance of 20-25% of getting a BFP each cycle. There are lots of other things which affect it apart from the timing of BD. the quality of the egg, sperm, CM, etc.
I had brown spotting 2-3 days before AF last month. It's considered to be normal, that's some left over old blood.
Good luck hun!

We've been using the smiley OPK also for 5 months and BDing 3 days before and after and still nothing... It is confusing me so I am going to start charting and OPKIng to see how they compare !

babyfeet - I didnt want to R & R I have been doing lots of research on OPKs and the clear blue fertility monitor since this is month # 4 of trying to be relaxed and no luck. Not sure what to try this month. It is intersting to read your post since I feel like luck definitely varies from person to person. I hope that you get your BFP soon!

I agree that every month you still only have 20% chance of conceiving even if you do everything right and even if sperm does find it's way to the egg! The chances are then that you will get pregnant within a year so just keep doing what you're doing and probability means it will happen eventually as long as your other half and yourself are fertile/healthy if you know what I mean. I got a smiley the other day but DH was away!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Hi girls

Thanks to all. I guess I will just have to wait it out. Going to take the more relaxed approach this month if thats possible.Started to take Evening Primrose Oil and vitamin b complex this month.

Just because you get a +OPK and do everything perfectly and the perfect time and everything is just right does not mean you will get a BFP on a HPT. We have been doing everything right for over a year now and have ovulated every month but I haven't got mine yet.

Sorry if I sounded rude.

I got a Smiley too on CB opks and we DTD literally ev 2nd day of my cycle... and nothing! I have started acupuncture and lots of vits and have taken a break from training for a bit... I was shocked we didnt get our bfp after all the BDing this month and that smiley... but Im starting to learn the hard way, it doesnt happen straight off.. I would love to know why. DH has been on fertility vits for months and his diet is excellent. All we can do is stay positive and calm I suppose.... but I definately feel your pain and confusion x

I got a smiley using the same tests and didn't get a BFP either.... :nope:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"