No colostrum this time around?

greenpear

Mama to my girl + boy <3
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm confused pregnant and a bit worried. Last time my boobs started to leak colostrum after 26-27 weeks or so and aside from initial struggle to BF, I was lucky to be able to do it for 16 months. This time around I'm 35 weeks already and my boobs are bone dry. Even when I squeeze them nothing comes out. Does that mean I will have no milk for the baby?

anyone would like to share stories/experience?
Any input will be greatly appreciated

Thank you ~ :flower:

I've heard that it shouldn't matter. Maybe your body just knows it's not time yet since it's been through pregnancy before?????

I only ever had a very little amount of colostrum with my daughter and am going on 9 months. Can you get ahold of a lactation consultant?

Thank you for your response and making me feel better :) I do have some in the area and will try to get in touch with them

With dd1 I leaked from about 32 weeks with dd2 I didn't leak at all but breastfeeding going well so far at day 11, she latched on within an hour and my milk started coming in day 2.

I didn't leak at all with my first, and I had a great supply. Not leaking this time either, but I don't think it means anything. Every pregnancy is different.

It doesn't mean anything at all, not between women and not from pregnancy to pregnancy. Relax :)

I never had any during either of my pregnancies. Your body will produce it when you need it. Try not to worry.

Thank you all for responses. I feel much better. Here's to hoping to be able to BF this one as successfully as I did my daughter :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->