No contraceptive for long time, now scared can't conceive, advice welcome!

Kzee

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new on here so be gentle! I'd really appreciate some advice so I hope some of you can help... I'm 29 and I've been with my parter, 33 (sorry, not down with the abbreviations yet!) for almost 10 years. Was taking the pill for the first 2 years then became lazy with contraception and this continued until, now. Over this time I've never become pregnant and it worries me slightly.

Without being too personal, we don't have sex that often as we've only just gone from living in shared houses, Meaning that time alone was rare, however in 8 years (not trying) I was concerned that something could be wrong to not get pregnant in all that time. I had heard of friends in similar situations who did have a baby eventually so have clung on to such situations to reassure myself.

Recently, we've been thinking more seriously about having a baby and haven't been TRYING but have kind of half heatedly, around the time of my supposed ovulation - not entirely sure of the exact date and I could be paranoid but just feel like its not going to be easy for us.

Has anyone else had a similar experience or can offer any advice?? I'd be so grateful to hear from you!

I've had pretty regular periods, never kept on top of my cycle but seems ok. I have pretty short periods lasting about 3 1/2 days, I've had abnormal smear results however I'm told this shouldn't effect conceiving....

Anyway, hope to hear from you guys, cheers in advance xx

Hey Welcome!!

I am new here too,so maybe we can support one another!I am also in the very same position that you are in, in that we havent been trying but we have not been preventing but recently we have started to become worried as it has been 1 full year since we have not been preventing.

I would say get more on the ball with looking at your ovulation dates,and keep a track record of it so that you are least you know you are 110% giving yourself a chance to get pregnant by doing it at the right times. And somehow you have to make the quiet time available to bd(baby dance).

Also try not to worry,get yourself an appointment to see your GP or OBGYN so that they can do some checks on you as it has been so long I am pretty sure they will be happy to investigate why it has not happened yet. They may do the 21 day progesterone test to check if you are ovulating and probably will wanna check your m an out too. Either way don't worry just keep on enjoying eachother (especially at the right time of the month) and see what happens.

There is a season for every part of our lives and I hope and pray your time for your BFP that you desire will be soon! :) X

PrincessBree, aw thank you so much. That's really sweet of you to reply and put my mind at rest a little. I know you're right!

I just can't figure out this ovulation malarky, I guess it takes a few months, but i will certainly make an appointment and see what happens - just a bit scared if they give me any bad news. Ah well, I need to man up!

In your case, they say there's no need to go to the Doctor untill you've been actively trying for 1 year and you haven't been trying, properly so I bet you'll have no problems when you do! There's so many amazing success stories on this site that always give me hope! Keep me posted love x

Hi im returning here after around 8month away, My husband and I are trying to conceive our first baby together although he has 2 from a previous marriage (although we are awaiting DNA on those) im 24 and he is 29, We have been married 3 years now and haven't used any sort of contraception since we got together, I have been pregnant once although i sadly miscarried at 7weeks 6days, that was when i was 16, i started getting worried last year when we hadn't conceived, so i went to the GP's office and asked for advice etc, i had tests done on myself to see if i was ovulating etc, they came back fine they told us to try taking a prenatal supplement like folic acid and prescribed us 3months worth, i have been taking them daily ever since and yet still we havent getting a BFP... so im now at the point where i want in depth tests done, so tomorrow hubby and i are heading to the GP's office to get his sperm count checked and if that comes back normal we want more in depth tests done if possible. have any of you ladies been and seen GP about your worries?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->