No friends with children.

C

Ceejay123

It's that time of year, when everything is about my little man and what to get him for his first christmas! Here i am, going through websites, ordering everything in site! So excited... Turn to my friends to do a happy rant, and seriously get a text back saying.

'Lol, that's cool? Coming town friday night?'

-.- Anyone else tired of having no friends that have kids! I have one, and she's 170 miles away. Screwed! Haha. :thumbup:

That's what baby and bump is for!! No one thinks your a sad loser for getting excited over kids toys!!

Yes, you definitely find out who your real friends are when you have children. I can now count on one hand the actual friends I have - but I would rather have those couple who I can count on. or for mental excitement, just come on here haha :happydance: xx

Im in the same boat! But whats worse for me is that LO has no friends or anybody to play with :( Feel bad for him sometimes! Xxx

Yes, you definitely find out who your real friends are when you have children. I can now count on one hand the actual friends I have - but I would rather have those couple who I can count on. or for mental excitement, just come on here haha :happydance: xx

I wouldn't say that they aren't real friends just because they aren't hugely interested in the trivial details of parenthood :shrug: I def wouldn't cut someone out just because of it.

But OP I understand what you mean, most of my friends don't have kids either and I do wish I knew more mums sometimes! But its nice to have friends to go get drunk with :haha:

Also have you tried the meet a mum section of netmums? When I lived in Bristol I used it and made a few really good friends, one who I would count amongst one of my best friends and our LOs still miss and talk about each other even though we moved a few months ago! Its def worth a try, you can add them on FB first to suss them out :haha:

None of my friends have kids either, though my 2 best friends are their godparents and don't ever want kids of their own but adore mine. They're already talking excitedly about what they're getting them for christmas..They get to go baby shopping with out the baby they love it :haha:

Its nice to have someone you can talk to about the stuff other than babies though, but I get what you mean when you have no one that understand the baby talk

It's a real pain, it's a relief when I get to come on here and coo about him else I look crazy at home. Was in a cafe with him yesterday, he was kissing me and laughing loudly, I was making funny noises and biting him.. Realised after ten mins I was being stared at!

Yes, I so wish I had friends locally with babies. It would be great to meet up with mummy friends. I get so bored stuck at home :(

I wouldn't say that they aren't real friends just because they aren't hugely interested in the trivial details of parenthood :shrug: I def wouldn't cut someone out just because of it.

But OP I understand what you mean, most of my friends don't have kids either and I do wish I knew more mums sometimes! But its nice to have friends to go get drunk with :haha:

Its not that I have cut anyone out, more the other way around. People just don't stay in touch anymore because I can't go out and get drunk all the time etc etc - so in my eyes, no they aren't real friends, they buggered off and aren't interested because I have children.

I think I'm feeling the worst of it cause I want to go Christmas shopping, and not by myself! Lol. I can leave LO with OH to get some presents but it feels depressing alone haha. I do all of my Christmas shopping in nottingham and derby and my closest friend with a child is in Cardiff! X

Won't your 'childless' friends come shopping? or do they just not get the excitement lol! I bloody love Christmas, I'm almost done now :) Lots of bargains to be had online - come and join us in the grotto if you haven't already! Discounts galore! xx

I have hehe :D one of them would, but she stands at the door in kids shops checking her watch every 20 seconds haha - dont think she means to! I absolutely adore Christmas, even more now LOs here to enjoy it x

Oh god I would hate that lol! I go on my own quite often ( well, with DD), its easier for me because I don't have to rush for anyone and I can go wherever I like lol! I do like to go with OH though, when we ever get time to go together. xx

I always go shopping with my Mum and the boys though to be honest its rare we both hate shopping and I almost always nearly end up passing out..And I hate queuing so unless its something I can't get online I usually just order it online.

Ahh, My Mums awful to shop with... She knows everybody and stops 20+ times lol! Plus shes always got my 4 year old sister with her, which makes it hard to shop for her! I've managed to do some shopping online, some with the OH today.. but I've no idea what to get him! He's got everything.. Just got an Ipad and loads of other bits... He's left me with no ideas -.- Men!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->