No Gestational Sac at 8 Weeks

NavyLadybug

Mom to Magnus & Lyle
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had an ultrasound at 7-9 weeks where they couldn't find a gestational sac but their HcG was normal?

I had some spotting so they did an Hcg Level Test and it was 2100, right were it should be for 8 weeks, but my vaginal ultrasound showed no sac or anything at all. I feel no pain or severe bleeding so they aren't really leaning towards Ectopic.

Has anyone ever had this happen and end up having a normal, healthy pregnancy? I'm pretty much grasping at straws here and trying to keep myself together. :cry::cry::cry:

Has anyone ever had an ultrasound at 7-9 weeks where they couldn't find a gestational sac but their HcG was normal?

I had some spotting so they did an Hcg Level Test and it was 2100, right were it should be for 8 weeks, but my vaginal ultrasound showed no sac or anything at all. I feel no pain or severe bleeding so they aren't really leaning towards Ectopic.

Has anyone ever had this happen and end up having a normal, healthy pregnancy? I'm pretty much grasping at straws here and trying to keep myself together. :cry::cry::cry:

I wanted to reply even though this post is older. I am very sorry you experienced this and that no one replied.

I am about 7 weeks and went in last Friday and told I have just an empty sac. I'm sick to my stomach about it. I go in on Thursday for a rescan but I'm realistic to the outcome.

I just want you to know you're not alone. Thinking of you. :friends:

I am going through the same thing.. empty sac at first scan, empty sac at 2nd scan but was only 22mm (bc it wasn't 25mm they told me to come back) 3rd scan there was a yolk sac but no fetal pole.. so back in two weeks praying for a fetal pole...

I am hoping your apt went well today, please let us know, remember the 25mm rule. thinking of you

Since this, we found out that the Dr who performed the u/s wasn't even an OB and didn't know how to work or read an u/s machine or results, there WAS a sac that we saw a few days later but it was empty and measuring at only 5 weeks and my levels were horrid on the second go round, it had been a MMC (Missed Miscarriage).

Thank you for updating! :friends: I was hoping you would have had better results...but I'm sure you will very soon. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->