No heartbeat detected at 7 week scan

shell-bell

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I've had 4 previous losses so doc has been monitoring hcg levels and they were going up okay. I went for my scan on Friday at 7 weeks (by my lmp) and we saw a gestational sac and a foetal pole(it was tiny though) doc couldn't see a heartbeat. He sent me back to check my hcg level and they've increase from 5999 last Thursday to 29000 on Friday. I've got more bloods on Monday and another scan on Tuesday. Can't help but thing something's wrong. Doc said maybe my dates are wrong but my lmp started on 7 March and I ovulated on the 22 march. I'm sorry for the long post just looking to see if anyone else has been through the same

Thanks ladies xxx

Hi hun. What did baby measure at? I had a scan the other day as I'm considered high risk after my daughter died in neonatal and at my scan I was 6+1 and they found baby's heart straight away xx

I am so sorry you are going through this. After I lost my son at 32 weeks due to a doctors mistake I became pregnant immediately and suffered a blighted ovum....it was one of the hardest times in my life with so much loss...

We are on our third pregnancy and I can tell you it has been so scary! I remember going in at almost 7 weeks and we saw no heart beat, just a gestional sac and yolk sac....we waited two very long weeks and when we went back there was the most beautiful site in the world....a heart beat. I pray this happens for you...have they considered giving you progesterone?

Thanks ladies, the doc didn't measure just said the foetal pole was very small. Image wasn't very clear. Sammie13s - I'm so sorry about your daughter xxx

Castaway bride: so sorry for your losses Hun. I'm on progesterone and my hcg from last Thursday till this Friday looks good: increased from 5999 to 29000 and my progesterone was over 100 last time they tested. You story gives me hope, thank you! When u had your scan at 7 weeks were your dates measuring right?

Thanks ladies :hugs:

Hi there. Something similar happened to us as well. We went in for our first US last week and were told our baby was measuring 2w behind without a heartbeat. We were told it didn't look good but scheduled us for a follow up US for yesterday. They confirmed the baby stopped growing.

However, I've heard of similar things happening to other women only for them to hear a heartbeat at their follow up ultrasounds. It could go either way. I'm hoping for the best for your little bean.

Thank you KBCupcake!! I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

I had an early scan last time i was pregnant due to bleeding, they couldnt see a heart beat but i was told to go back in a week. a week later there was a heart beat. fx for u

Don't lose hope just yet Hun, keeping all my fx for you. :hugs:

dont lose hope! babies grow at different rates this stage.

I had scan at 7+1 dating me 6+5 with HB but can be a week out still at this date.

Early scan gave me date of 10th, just had dating scan and baby is fully on track and day ahead with.new date of 6th

good luck

Hope everything goes well. I think next scans will show something rising HCG levels are always great! Good luck Keep us posted.

Shell-bell - I'm so sorry. Are you booked in for another scan?

Thanks MishC! I am redoing bloods on Monday and another scan booked for late Tuesday afternoon. How are u doing Hun! You coping with the sickness?

:hugs: Do you know if you have a tilted uterus by any chance? That can make it very difficult in the beginning to detect a heartbeat. The wait must be horrible. Hoping everything turns out perfectly fine :hugs:

Thanks MishC! I am redoing bloods on Monday and another scan booked for late Tuesday afternoon. How are u doing Hun! You coping with the sickness?

Well I have everything crossed for you!

The sickness got quite bad so I went to see the midwife/doctors. I was told I had hyperemesis and they prescribed an anti sickness med. Its from a different family to the one im allergic to so because I was feeling so terrible I decided to give it ago and all I can say is its like a god! It has its downsides (its a sedative) but its much better then vomiting att the time. I actually like to eat too which is unreal, I feel almost human again.

Thanks ladies, the doc didn't measure just said the foetal pole was very small. Image wasn't very clear. Sammie13s - I'm so sorry about your daughter xxx

Castaway bride: so sorry for your losses Hun. I'm on progesterone and my hcg from last Thursday till this Friday looks good: increased from 5999 to 29000 and my progesterone was over 100 last time they tested. You story gives me hope, thank you! When u had your scan at 7 weeks were your dates measuring right?

Thanks ladies :hugs:

You are doing everything you can then....just try to take it and easy and hope for the best!

I actually was having measurements showing baby was 4 days behind. Doc thinks that I caught on the tail end of ovulation....

I'm so happy to hear that MishC! Glad they managed to give you something that helps.

Thanks ladies xxx

Hi ladies! OMG just got back from dr and we have a heartbeat I can't believe it! It's a faint heartbeat but it's a heartbeat and bean has grown in the last few days. Doc was so happy! He's going to see me in a week for another scan. He said I'm not out the woods yet but where there's life there's hope!

Hi ladies! OMG just got back from dr and we have a heartbeat I can't believe it! It's a faint heartbeat but it's a heartbeat and bean has grown in the last few days. Doc was so happy! He's going to see me in a week for another scan. He said I'm not out the woods yet but where there's life there's hope!

That's great news! Fingers crossed all stays okay xxx

This is wonderful, I'm so happy for you! I hope you have a healthy, lovely pregnancy :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->