No heartbeat

Pix

Reaction score
So I'm usually just a lurker. And I just have a bad bad feeling here. Am supposed to be at least 8 weeks 4 days and baby is only measuring 5 weeks 3 days at 3mm. I know I definitely conceived October 25th as it was the only day possible.

I have another appt with my doctor this afternoon. But I feel like I just need to prepare myself here.

Thoughts?

Sorry you are going through this.

Are they saying a 3mm fetal pole or 3mm sac? A 3mm fetal pole would be 6+3. A fetal pole smaller than 5mm still has a chance to grow and for the heart to start beating. But it is indeed very much behind for 8+4.

How certain are you of conception date? Is this date based on temping, cycle length, opk's, early first positive HPT, date you had sex?. You chance of a good outcome is a lot greater if this date is based a guess of ovulation from cycle length. But if you are basing it on accurate temping and opks then its more likely you need to prepare yourself for bad news.

Opk. And that we only dtd that day and two days prior than that. Then I got my positive. And I think 3mm sac.

I'm guessing I'll know more once I get to the dr this afternoon.

I think I'm still in shock.

Its horrible isn't it?! There are some stories out there were women have conceived later than they thought, or women with retroverted uterus' where the scan was inaccurate. If you google "misdiagnosed miscarriage" there are some amazing stories. Though I guess what makes these stories amazing is that most of the time it ends up being bad news.

In the UK what they would do now is re-scan you in 10day-2 weeks to see if there was any growth. From what I've read of ladies in other areas they can be offered a variety of different care plans, some being offered D&C straight away, some having bloods done, some being offered repeat scans at varying intervals.

I hope your doctor is kind and informative.

Good luck today - hoping for a positive outcome for you!

I hope you get better news at your appointment today.

I also conceived on October 25th (maybe October 26th), but we only did it twice - once on each of those two days during that week. I'm measuring a little small according to them, but I think everything's ok.

Wishing you the best!!!! Fx

Keeping you in my thoughts and looking for your update :hugs:

At my 8 week scan baby had a heartbeat but was measuring 6+4. Immediately I had a bad feeling although my mw said not to worry. Sure enough by my 12 week scan baby had no heartbeat and had only grown to 8+6. I had a meducally managed miscarriage which wasn't bad physically but emotionally extremely devastating. 3 months later I had recovered emotionally and got pregnant again. I have just had my 8 week scan and baby looks perfect . I'm sorry if this story seems sad or upsets you buy if things don't work out there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will be ok I promise . PM me if I can help xxx

So I went in and spoke with the dr and she reviewed the ultrasound. I'm only measuring 6 weeks and should be at 8. There's some blood around my cervix. But because it's 'too early' they won't call it just in case. She said they cannot do so without additional review. they drew blood work today. And they will again on Monday. My levels should be high by now. Either way she'll call by tonight with the results of today's blood test. I have a follow up ultrasound next Thursday but it really isn't looking good. Baby should def have a heartbeat by now.

I just wish people wouldn't ask me "What Happened?" "How is there no heartbeat?"

I'm ok. I think I'm more in shock and just waiting on my husband to get home from the mountains. I'm sure at that point then it will all sink in.

Looks like a damn roller coaster for me this week. I hate the waiting and just wish if I was definitely going to miscarry that it would just happen. That now that my mind is aware that my body will catch up. I'm not a patient person and this is just killing me. Last miscarriage it was just a chemical. Now? I've had a bit and grew attached.

I'm so sorry :hugs: My little one never grew past 5 1/2 weeks. Never had a heartbeat. I still hadn't had any bleeding at 9 weeks so I had my uterus emptied at my doctor's office. Situations like this can resolve quickly or can drag out for quite a while. Take good care of yourself. Sending you lots of support :flower:

Hi didn't want to read and run xxx take care of yourself and big hugs x

Update.

So the nurse called me today. My beta's were over 14,000 which is really good.

So I asked her the inevitable wth is going on in my womb question. Thankfully I have amazing Doctors and ect. She finally explained to me what the ultrasound showed exactly.

There was no embryo and no yolk sac. With my beta numbers they are hopeful that in a weeks time a baby will (magically) show up. . . I'm not so hopeful. Unless the eggy took it's good ole time getting to my uterus and implanted the DAY I actually had a positive. Or I ovulated. Got pregnant, miscarried. Ovulated again and got pregnant a second time. It's just not logical.

Thankfully the nurse was honest. Especially when I asked for her to just give it to me straight. So they are preparing me for a miscarriage. Which I'm ok with. I allowed myself time.

This waiting sucks royally. I wish my body would realize that there is no baby. I should think positively but I just don't see how a baby is going to develop in a weeks time.

We're supposed to get this huge snowstorm tomorrow and I have a feeling that's when it will 'happen'. In which I'm supposed to go straight to the hospital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->