• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No idea what is happening to me (ectopic) really hopeless!!

babybump92

Reaction score
:cry: This is how I feel right now!

I am suffering from a second cornual ectopic! I had my first cornual ectopic in September 2013 which resulted in surgery and my L tube removed.

My partner and I started trying again in May, got pregnant in June and it took a long time for them to diagnose it. It was diagnosed as another cornual ectopic as no mass can be seen, and my HcG are rising and falling simultaneously. My HcG charts since 22nd June are as followed:

10 (22 June, I was admitted to hospital due to bleeding)
71 (a week after my level was 26)
64 (this was on 23 July)
31 (this was last week on Wednesday)

My progesterone levels are 4 as from last Thursday. I had a 9 day bleed between 28 July to 3 August and I had really bad ovary cramps and pains, and felt really unwell. I would be 9 weeks today if this was a viable pregnancy!... I know I'd of ruptured but due to the kind of ectopic I have, it can go on for weeks.

I have also had constant brown spotting/brown bleeding which is on and off, as well as dull ache on my R side. My gynae called me and said this is a failing pregnancy, as my progesterone has now dropped and my levels went from 64 to 31. They decided to give me a methotrexate but since my levels went down again, they are doing a 'wait and see' approach.

I have taken a test which is 10 miU sensitivity this morning and it is still faintly positive! I have called them so many times, and had so many bloods done but they said they are absolutely certain it is a failing pregnancy making its way out.

I am terrified of a rupture :cry: since it's a cornual, it can be dangerous! I just want this to be over with :cry::cry:

has anyone had anything similar to what I am going through? Do I need to wait it out and not worry? I just want my period so my partner and I can see an IVF consultant as we will not be trying naturally any-more.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I had an interstitial pregnancy, later diagnosed as an angular pregnancy, but they're all related to a cornual. My situation seemed a little different, as I just started gushing blood one day (and I mean gushing) and was rushed to the hospital. I understand your worry. I'm not sure why the doctor is having you wait and see, but I had a different situation. I would just keep close contact with them and run to the hospital if you start bleeding heavily.

I can't imagine going through this twice, bless your heart. Just the one time back in April has been devastating. I hope this is resolved as soon as possible so the healing process can begin.

Hi,

I've had 2 ectopics and 2 surgeries with the removal of one tube. I don't understand why your Dr is waiting. That seems ridiculous to me. Can you call and just ask for the shot to get it over with and explain your fear of it rupturing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->