No idea what to think :(

Lisa2701

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So I'm 11 weeks today (ticker is a day out) I've had bleeding ranging from spotting to a heavy bleed every couple of weeks since 5 weeks. I've had a scan at 5,7, and 8+6 weeks and baby was doing well last time we checked. I had some spotting 4-5 days ago but it went away pretty quick so I didn't Rush in to have it checked out. Last night I was stood doing the dishes when I felt a gush, sure enough I was bleeding again. Deciding not to panic I left it an hour to see what would happen and the bleeding slowly stopped so I felt ok not to be checked out and thought I'd call my midwife this morning to let her know what's been happening. Have now woke at 4am with bleeding again, despite the fact the bleeding is slowing down my stomach is killing me! Particularly on my right hand side (which always bothers me when I bleed). I know it's not ectopic as I've had scans, wondering if an ovarian cyst could cause the pain and bleeding? Anyone know if this is a possibility? Going to wait till my son goes off to school on a couple of hours and then call the midwife.

I'm not sure what could be causing the bleeding, but keeping everything crossed for you. Did they not find a cause on the early scans? :hugs:

im sorry you're going through that. definitely get reassured by the doctor as im surely not such but a new young mom-to-be. my niece when she got pregnant at 16, she had heavy bleeding similar to a period for the first 4 months of her pregnancy. im not sure if it was once a month or how long the bleeding lasted when it occurred, but i do know her baby girl was born healthy and beautiful. ironically, i have the same due date as my niece when she got pregnant.

I had alot of bleeding my last two pregnancies.
My last one i bled the whole pregnancy and was always checked and they said baby was fine.
Sometimes its just some burst blood vessels if its no risk to baby they wont mention it unless you ask them what it may be.
Ur ovaries would have been checked at the scan.
Sometimes... we just bleed.
This pregnancy thank God i have not bled at all.
I hope its a happy healthy 9 months for us all

I would go and get checked just to be safe...I am sure you are fine though :)

Hi Ladies, thanks for all the replies. I am heading in for a scan first thing tomorrow to make sure baby is ok. So far they have been unable to find the cause of the bleeding. They know it's comin from the uterus and not my cervix but there is nothing to indicate why. Hoping maybe they can figure it out tomorrow.

Hope everything goes well with the scan x

Hope everythings ok. I had a lot of heavy bleeding with ds2 From week 12. Very scarey but it was a subchoirionic hematoma and ended up sorting itself out by 20w xx

Thank you ladies. Scan went well, baby is doing great, wriggling around :cloud9:

Dan-o they have found a subchoirionic hematoma. They said its only 2cm at the moment, but that it's probably been larger but as I've bled its been coming away and so got smaller (been bleeding for 2 days now). Does that seem how you understand it? They assure me it won't affect the baby in any shape or form, but then I made the fatal mistake of googling it :dohh:. From what I read, if it gets big enough it can interfere with the placenta/cause prem labour etc?? What's your understanding of it? Did you bleed up to the point it resolved itself? Felt reassured coming out the hospital but Feeling a it worried now.

Glad everything is ok with baby :hugs: I'm not too familiar with SCH, but fingers crossed the bleeding is it trying to resolve itself and that it's getting smaller :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->