No idea when ovulation is ... when to really start BD??

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, as it says ^^

I'm quite irregular aswell, so really don't have much idea about when we should really be BD to give us the best chance, although i do take note of CM so i know to look out for EWCM but should i be trying before that aswell as after ???

i really have no idea :wacko:

When I went to the dr before TTC my first he said the best advice was to DTD as often as possible. If you don't know when you're ovulating anyway just go for it as have fun.

What do your periods look like? You typically ovulate about 14 days before your period starts, so if your cycles are 30-37 days long, ovulation would be between CD 16 and 23. You want to have sex a few days before ovulation, so I'd BD every other day (ish) from CD 12 until 24.

Amalee,that is actually the best explanation of when to BD that I've heard.Hubby and I are doing the 'every fertile day BD' this cycle.My cycles differ between 29-33 days,so we are BD'ing from CD14 to CD19.

Animoo I wud recommend starting a couple of days earlier than cycle day 14, if ur shortest cycle is 29 days that means it earliest ovulation day is about cycle day 15 so u want to start bd around cycle day 11 or 12 just in case u ovulate early and so the numbers of sperm in any one area of ur reproductive system are good and then hopefully one will be there to meet the egg in the tube. If u bd too late ur chances are reduced because some of the will be slower and some will go up wrong tube etc. Obviously only takes one but I wud say cycle day 12 is ur better option xx

Itsnowmyturn,that makes sense,I will definitely do that.I'm so scared of not BD'ing enough :/

I no I'm not bding enough at once a week but I refuse to let it take over my life just yet. I haven't had my first ovulation yet so I'm not going to worry about bd every other day we wud just burn out quickly. When I no what's happening with my body I might increase it but I'm too tired on work days anyway x

That's the thing with hubby and I.We are usually a 1/2 BD a week type of couple,and it's usually just over weekends,since we're both kaput during the week,because of work.And obviously O doesn't just come during weekends,so we have made the decision to actively BD more during my fertile week.

I can't get motivation to do anything when I'm tired lol. I'm hoping that it ends up as a happy coincidence that I end up ovulating at the weekend lol xx

I don't know why,but I always O during the week :/

With my first I got ovulation pains on a Thursday and we DTD at the weekend and that worked so it is possible.

That's what I'm hoping for lol. Bd Sunday and then if I ovulate Mon to Fri there's s possibility lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->