no midwife

Hellymay83

Reaction score
Well it seems I'm not having a booking appointment with a midwife this time round.

When I had my daughter a midwife came to my house at around 8 weeks to do my booking in etc, same in my last pregnancy although she never actually got to come because I miscarried.

I've been waiting for my letter off the midwife for 2 weeks but it hasn't arrived, well today I got my 12 week scan date in the post which said I will see a sonographer and a midwife who will discuss my pregnancy and do bloods etc. So it looks like I'm doing this alone and not going to be assigned an actual midwife.

Doesn't fill me with much confidence, I'm already nervous because of my previous mmc.

I wouldn't be happy with that either and I think that's poor practice. I would phone them and have a word.

Hun, this is not good you should have more support, can you contact a mw direct? That's what I did I definitely wouldn't be happy with that you shouldn't be doing this alone xx

I have to be referred from the doctors which they've done but must think I don't need a midwife, unless they're putting me under consultant care but surely I should still see a midwife before 12 weeks x

I had my blood test and 12 week scan letter through yesterday, just over a week after going to the Doctors but nothing from a midwife yet. I'm wondering if that will come a little later on as i'm only 7 weeks and the midwife team may not want to see me for a bit...perhaps that's the case with both of us? x

I have to be referred by a doc too, but this time I just called my sure start centre and booked in with the MW. X

I think I will give them a call tomorrow.

I have a bit of a problem though, I'm moving house in 2 weeks time and I was hoping the midwife would have been before that because I'm moving to a different county, it's only 5 miles from my house but classed as a different area completley. We are buying a new build just up the road from our house now which is in the same catchment area for my doctors and midwife however completion date isn't until September so am moving into rented for 3 months.

This is going to make it very complicated, I could have got away with not telling them about the rented house if she came to my house before we move but now I'm probably going to have to change midwives half way through... Confusing I know :confused:

Yeah that is quite confusing :haha: but I'm sure if you get In touch with the MW she will be able to explain what you can do etc, when is it you move? Two weeks? Could you arrange an appointment with the MW in your new area? X

Yeah that is quite confusing :haha: but I'm sure if you get In touch with the MW she will be able to explain what you can do etc, when is it you move? Two weeks? Could you arrange an appointment with the MW in your new area? X

I could but then when I move back to this area it means I'll have to change again, I'd have preferred them not to know I'm moving to a rented property as it's only for 3 months until my house is built... Annoying! X

My booking letter came today so maybe yours will arrive soon too! We're moving house soon too...i'm not sure where that leaves me hospital or midwife-wise as it's 5 miles away into Surrey (we're SW London at the mo). Time for a bit of royal mail redirect methinks! x

My booking letter came today so maybe yours will arrive soon too! We're moving house soon too...i'm not sure where that leaves me hospital or midwife-wise as it's 5 miles away into Surrey (we're SW London at the mo). Time for a bit of royal mail redirect methinks! x

That's exactly the same as me, the tented house is a few miles away, we are redirecting our post too, our moving date was postponed yesterday by 2 weeks so hopefully she will visit our old house and I won't need to tell them x

Call the midwives in the new county. OR are you staying with your same GP as it's usually done like that... I live on the border of 2 counties technically but my GP is in one and therefore my mw are.

Don't be so passive - you need to call them directly and ask them when your appointment is :) come on! Get your hormones to do the talking ;)

Oh and I'd be calling them TODAY!! Midwives don't stop working at the weekend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->