NO more

lost-mum

Reaction score
Smokes for me today i am so excited cant wait to be feeling to effects of giving up i want a healthy body.
If anyone can give me some advice on how to stay strong i would appreciate it especially considering my partner is a heavy smoker so this could prove a bit hard but i`m giving it my all woohoo. :happydance:

Just wanted to say well done on quitting :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Honestly for me I found quitting cold turkey was the only way to go . . but lots of people use the patches/gum/losenges etc . . whatever helps! The only thing you can't do is put ONE cig in your mouth or it's over . .not even one . .!

Use a diary (or online thread!) to record your feelings/thoughts for the day (great to look back on and say I'm off them 2 weeks now, 4 weeks now etc etc) . .

And when the cravings kick in - drink water,brush your teeth,go for a walk . . make a list of things to do in the case of the cravings and stick it on your fridge/wall and refer back to it during the day if needed.

Sorry cant be more help, but honestly it's the best thing i could have done and i just wanna wish you lots & lots of luck . .you CAN do it!!!!!!!!

Let us know how you get on x x

Meant to say speak to your partner and ask if they would smoke outside!

Thanks Oh has agreed to smoke outside now we only used to smoke inside in bad weather but i am nearly half way through my first day and feeling pretty good :)

Well done Lost,

I think it would help if you had a buddy that also wants to quit. So then you can say "I'm not going to smoke for you and you do the same for me." I got this idea after reading in "Pick Me up" where the ed was on a diet and doing it for her diet buddy who lived in another shire.

Good luck though, your almost done one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->