No movement yet 18 weeks 4th pregnancy

Roffles

Reaction score
Hello! So I am 18 weeks pregnant with baby number 4 and I don't feel movement yet. I lay awake at night with worry that there's something wrong. With all 3 of my other babies I felt movement so strong by now that I could feel it from the outside. Anyone else experience this? At my last appointment a couple weeks ago the baby's heartbeat was perfect. I'm probably being silly because it's still early but I am worried.

Im 17 weeks with my third and haven’t felt much/any movement yet either. I’ve felt a few things that maybe could’ve been movements but that’s it...I think it’s still normal and I’ve heard usually it’s somewhere between 18-22 weeks to feel movement.

I know it’s hard but try not to worry.

This is my third and I didn't feel movement properly until some time after 20 weeks, turns out my placenta is covering the front and that's why I wasn't feeling it x

If you have an anterior placenta (at the front) it can take longer.

Do you know if you have an anterior placenta? I have had an anterior placenta for mine and it sucks not to feel movements so maybe that's what you have. With mine it was around 18-19 weeks if I remember with my DD and this one is just recently, but only on a small spot on the far left (also anterior placenta) so I wouldn't worry. Have you felt anything at all? Even little tiny bubbles or anything?

Do you have a Doppler you could use to set your mind at ease? I have one that has been a lifesaver for me because I can never feel my babies until later.

I can't help you with info on movement with normal position placenta though, sorry! :)

How do you know if you have an anterior placenta? They didn't mention anything at my 12 week ultrasound. Would that cause a bigger bump? People are shocked by how far along I am from how huge my bump is.��

I dont think it causes a bigger bump, I'm 29 weeks and still don't have a big enough bump that everyone would know I was pregnant. I asked at my 20 week scan if it was at the front because I wasn't feeling anything and the sonographer confirmed it was x

Yeah, I was pretty sure this one was anterior too because I couldn't feel movement until much later than others and last appointment the doctor said it was. I'm still not showing so I'm pretty sure bump size has no relationship with the placement of the placenta.

How do you know if you have an anterior placenta? They didn't mention anything at my 12 week ultrasound. Would that cause a bigger bump? People are shocked by how far along I am from how huge my bump is.��

I have been told they usually don't know for sure its anterior until the anatomy scan (things are moving around too much before then)
I was also super super nervous because i didn't feel movement until 19 weeks and even then it was one or two pops every few days. I'm 25 weeks and had a follow up anatomy scan yesterday and she was moving like crazy and 100% healthy but i can still go extended periods of time where I dont feel her.

I caved at week 23 and bought a fetal doppler for home use to ease my mind in those extended periods of "no movement"

I'm thinking that a home Doppler is a good idea. This worrying is causing me way too much anxiety which just isn't healthy. I have my anatomy scan in 2 weeks so I'll know for sure where the placenta is located then. Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->