No movement yet at 21 weeks :-(

TTC LADY

Reaction score
I've read lotsof threads about ladies feeling flutters and even kick around 16-18 weeks and am bit worried that I'm now in my 21st week and have hardly felt anything.

My placenta is in the posterior placenta, although it's lying a bit low - does this make a difference to when I should feel him/her ?

I had a scan last Monday and so we know the baby is okay, hb was 155-160 and measuring right on date.

I don't get why I've not felt anything yet !!!. Would appreciate your thoughts.

Its still pretty small hun, and they say if its your first you might not feel anything til 24-25 weeks xx

The baby is still not that big. I wouldnt worry hon. It might just take longer for you to feel it move around :)

I didnt feel my second baby till about 22 ish weeks and even then it wasnt really strong or anything, dont worry too much Im sure it will come!! then he/she will be keeping you awake at night and making you want to pee at awkward moments during the day.

I felt the same, reading about everyone who was feeling things .. it got to the point I stayed off of here for a few days because it was making me worry. Then I spoke to someone at work who said she never felt anything until 24-25 weeks. I finally felt something the week of my scan - 20 weeks. Every person is different, try not to worry. You know everything is fine, because you saw it yourself. Won't be long now ... :)

Don't worry, it is very common (although hard to think so when one only hears about everyone feeling movements all the time!).
I only just started feeling my LO in the last week. I have an anterior placenta - but even so, my obstetrician told me it was perfectly normal not to feel anything till ca. 24 weeks (regardless of what position your placenta is in) - as some of the lasies have said - they are still so small.
I am sure you will be feeling LO soon!!!!
xx

i know how excited you are to feel the baby's first movements, but sometimes moms can feel it later than other moms. relax and don't stress over it. as long as the baby is fine, everything should be ok. :)

I have only felt a few movements, and only when I've been doing something the baby doesn't like, bending over or being hunched for a long time. Even then, I only worked out it was the baby (not gas) because once when I was checking the HB on my doppler, I could hear her moving at the same time as I felt it. So then I knew what it felt like. I hardly ever feel her though and would be totally paranoid if I wasn't listening to her HB every night. Hope she gets belting you soon!

I know it's hard not to worry but have to agree with the other ladies here, some don't feel anything until 24-25 weeks.

:hugs:

Aww hun, I know it must be hard seeing about everyone else but it will happen, sometimes it just takes longer, hope it happens soon, take care :hugs: XX

don't worry hun, i was exactly the same as you and i worried so much, i listen to my baby girls heartbeat everyday with my doppler and honestly hun, if ur worried i'd say buy one and listen till ur hearts content! x

Don't worry! I just started feeling kicks a few days ago and I'm almost 23 weeks now. It is so amazing when you do- so just keep hanging in there :hugs:

I really thought I would be feeling movement earlier since I'm not very padded, so I was quite worried too reading about all these ladies at 17-19 weeks who were feeling obvious baby kicks. But even now, I only feel the kicks once a day or so and only if I'm laying flat on my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->