No movement yet. Feeling disheartened. UPDATED

AussieBub

Mum to 2DD & 1DS
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Just a bit of a silly post because I know I've no reason to feel the way I do but I'm currently somewhere between 19-20 weeks with baby number 3, which we learned at 17 weeks is a little girl, and I've not felt her move yet. I know it's silly to feel disheartened because first movements usually occur between 16-24 weeks so I've still got plenty of time but I felt my other two way earlier and not feeling little lady move has me a little disheartened and worried.

I felt my eldest at 17 weeks and my second at 18 weeks, so I assumed I'd be feeling her wriggling by now. I definitely wanted to feel her moving before my 20 week scan (which is this Friday) for a little reassurance that she was ok. The closer I get to my scan date, the more worried I feel about not feeling her move. She was wriggling around heaps at my gender scan at 17 weeks but I can't help but feel worried for her.

Anyone else feel their little ones move considerably later than their siblings? Or still waiting to feel baby? I'm trying to stay optimistic but my brain keeps going to "what if something is wrong?" :(

-AussieBub

I had an anterior placenta with one of my pregnancies and didn't feel kicks for a very long time. I don't remember when I started feeling them but I remember it was considerably later than the other pregnancy. I think I felt hiccups before kicks if I recall correctly! I hope you have a good scan!

See, I wondered about the placenta placement to be honest but I've not been told anything so I just assumed it was in the preferred place. It just feels so weird to reaching the half way mark and not felt so much as a single flutter.

Hi ladies,

Just a bit of a silly post because I know I've no reason to feel the way I do but I'm currently somewhere between 19-20 weeks with baby number 3, which we learned at 17 weeks is a little girl, and I've not felt her move yet. I know it's silly to feel disheartened because first movements usually occur between 16-24 weeks so I've still got plenty of time but I felt my other two way earlier and not feeling little lady move has me a little disheartened and worried.

I felt my eldest at 17 weeks and my second at 18 weeks, so I assumed I'd be feeling her wriggling by now. I definitely wanted to feel her moving before my 20 week scan (which is this Friday) for a little reassurance that she was ok. The closer I get to my scan date, the more worried I feel about not feeling her move. She was wriggling around heaps at my gender scan at 17 weeks but I can't help but feel worried for her.

Anyone else feel their little ones move considerably later than their siblings? Or still waiting to feel baby? I'm trying to stay optimistic but my brain keeps going to "what if something is wrong?" :(

-AussieBub
Im pregnant with my third, first girl here.. I am 22 weeks and just now feeling good movement. I wasnt feeling anything at 19 weeks. I was so sure my placenta was anterior, 20 week ultrasound showed POSTERIOR so im shocked. No idea why I feel her less, I had an anterior placenta with my second and still felt him more than this little girl. It IS stressful, but maybe theyre just some calm little girls lol

Im pregnant with my third, first girl here.. I am 22 weeks and just now feeling good movement. I wasnt feeling anything at 19 weeks. I was so sure my placenta was anterior, 20 week ultrasound showed POSTERIOR so im shocked. No idea why I feel her less, I had an anterior placenta with my second and still felt him more than this little girl. It IS stressful, but maybe theyre just some calm little girls lol

Thank you, that does reassure me quite a bit. It's weird, I know every pregnancy is different but after two kids, I didn't think something like feeling baby moving for the first time would be that different.

I didn't feel my son untill I was 19 weeks. I had a prosteria placenta too so not sure why it took so long.

Thank you, that does reassure me quite a bit. It's weird, I know every pregnancy is different but after two kids, I didn't think something like feeling baby moving for the first time would be that different.
Exactly how I felt. I thought after two I'd be feeling this one super early, it's crazy. Even right now at 22 weeks today I felt maybe a tiiiiiiny flutter. Not sure if it's her position or what. Doppler is my sanity. Hope you scan goes perfectly !

Had my scan today. Baby girl is completely and perfectly healthy! AND....the placenta is Anterior High which is why I've not felt her. I do also have quite a decent sized fibroid above the placenta. So it goes fibroid, placenta then baby. No wonder I can't feel anything! But she's perfect. Growing nicely with no noticeable abnormalities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->