No nap today!

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Charlie always goes bed straight after lunch, and he'll have anything from 1.5 to 4 hours if I let him. I was out shopping this morning, and he'll usually fall sleep in the car on the way home. I realised the time, so I bought him a kids meal box from Asda and he ate the sandwich and raisins as we walked round the shop. They he had the crisps in the car. But didn't fall sleep.

By the time we got home and unpacked, then my neighbour came round, then I suddenly realised it was 3pm! Far too late for a nap, so he didn't go for one. And he was fine!!! No tantrums, no tears, no rubbing of eyes, nothing. Until about 6pm when he started getting grumpy. But he went to bed at 6.50pm on the dot and straight sleep. First time in 3 weeks he's gone bed on time!

Kayleigh was an odd kid who stopped wanting a nap at about 9 months, so this is new to me.

What age should he stop having a nap in the day?

I heard on GMTV the other day that actually all humans need to cycles of sleep! They want to introduce a 'siesta' type thing in the uk, like spain have. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->