No normal period 13 weeks later & weird ovulation indicator

SilverFair

Reaction score
Today marks 13 weeks since my natural miscarriage on November 30th. In January, I had some cramping and trace amounts of spotting. In February, I had light spotting and very light bleeding similar to the end of a period (always brown, sometimes dark red, never bright red except once after sex) that lasted over the course of 9 or 10 days (the majority of it during 5 or 6 days). At the time, I counted it as a period, but it was nothing like a normal period for me. I think it was more than spotting, though, so I counted it as a period. I wrote off its abnormality as being part of my body's miscarriage drama. Now here we are coming into March and I'm due for a period any day. 3 days ago, I had spotting on my underwear (couldn't tell what color due to the color of my undies and it had been there for a while I think). I thought I was starting my period, but nothing happened after that. Then yesterday, I had a sliver of bright red blood when I wiped, but now nothing again. Don't think I have any PMS or pregnancy symptoms. The ovulite I've been experimenting with showed a strong fern pattern 10 days ago. That's supposed to mean I'm ovulating (estrogen shows up in your saliva under a microscope). We had sex the day before and the day after. I got another strong fern pattern 2 days ago (8 days after the 1st pattern appeared), saw a couple ferns yesterday and a few more today. Until this month, I thought the thing didn't work, because I never got the large fern pattern like I was supposed to. I'm assuming I wasn't ovulating. I took a cheap dollar store hpt on Saturday (3 days ago) and it was negative. I'm making myself wait until this coming Saturday to test again. I'm going crazy wondering what my body is doing! When are my hormones going to be normal again?! Is my body still just completely messed up since my miscarriage? Was the spotting yesterday and 3 days ago a feeble attempt at a period or could it have been implantation bleeding? Is it possible I'm pregnant again? I just want a normal period or a BFP! Is that too much to ask? :nope:

Oh honey! :hugs:
After mmc, my feelings towards the word normal changed so much... I hope you are normal. This is my 3rd cycle after the D&C and I don't feel normal. I had a weird cycle, I think I ovulated but it was not like before. AF does not feel like it used to. I hate it.

I'm sorry you lost your little beanie too. I haven't been on here in a long time since I've been trying to focus on other more positive / less stressful things. Not long after that post, I went to the doctor. She confirmed I wasn't ovulating and suggested I go on the pill for a couple of months to help regulate my hormones again. I only have 2 weeks left on my 2nd pack, so I'm trying to be positive about my body returning to normal so we can start trying again. I'll have to start testing for ovulation to see if this helped jump start my system, though. I don't want to even think about the chances of my body continuing on its non-ovulatory course. I've had a LOT of stress in my life this past year, so whatever I can do to minimize the stress will help my body get back on track. Next month will mark a year since we started trying and 5 months since my miscarriage. I'm hoping for a "new year, fresh start, my turn for happy things" experience.

Oh I am sorry, I was feeling very bad last night and used your thread to rant, it seems. I am sorry for your loss. I hope you ovulate next month honey. Good luck.
I used pills for two cycles too, and this cycle, I think I ovulated but my temps were weird. I think it was a low quality egg. this month, I am hoping to get a clear ovulation pattern and high temps like before MC.
I hope you get a good cycle too, hopefully a BFP as a reward for your patience all this year. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->