No nursery!

S

sparkswillfly

Does anyone else have no nursery for their baby? Our new flat is a tiny 2 bedroom (step up from our tiny 1 bed) and because my partner works from home he needs an office cant live without one. So poor baby isnt going to have a bedroom until they are atleast 18 months. I keep looking at all the nice nursery furniture! Also dont know how we are going to cope with sharing our bedroom for so long.

Anyone else in this position?

Yep we currently dont have our own place so were all in one room!! So bubs has just got a cot no lovely furniture!!

x

We don't have a nursery either. I'm not too worried - its a really western privileged thing to have a nursery, and maybe it is ideal for those of us living in that world, but we are just taking things a step at a time and the first step is getting used to having a new baby with us. Later on when it comes time for baby to have some space of his own, we'll see what we can figure out. Like you, we have to use our spare room as an office at the moment.

The other thing about nursery furniture is that they soon can grow out of it unless you can afford to get the convertible kind. I think that even if we had the space and money, I would be more inclined to prepare a room that LO can grow with than go all out with baby themed stuff. We want LO to be in the room with us to begin with anyway...

I live in a one bedroom apartment, so baby will be in with us. I tried to divide the room in half and give her a cute somewhat babyish half. The only furniture I have so far is a bassinet that is also a changing table thing, and it has wheels so I can wheel her out to the living room if I need to.

Hey!

I have been worrying since I got my :bfp: as we are in a one bed small (ish) flat and top floor. We had our flat up for sale for 6 months but put it on a week or so before the housing market went bad so still not sold:cry:

My friends who know and have a child were talking to me about it and saying they dont know how we will cope if we dont sell before baby is born etc....but they were the ones spouting you dont need this that or the other for a baby but went ahead and got it all anyways!

I am of the opinion that so long as I have a cot/place for baby to sleep, a buggy(which we will keep in our boot and switch between cars) we are gonna get a car seat in each car so we dont have to change it between and a changing mat and bath support (obviously some bottles and steriliser!) thats all baby should need in the first few months. Oh plus love!

Emma.xx

P.S I would love to have a nursery to decorate though!

We moved to a bigger place but I have the spare room as my art studio for the mo. I think I will need my space more that the baby needs theirs! I'm with shri in that I don't think a nursery is that necessary I come from a large family so we never had one, baby slept by mums bed until he was big enough to share a room with all the others
None of them have turned up on my mum's door step blaming all thier adult problems on my mum for not providing a nursery yet :)

We're in a 1 bed flat so our LO will be in with us til we get somewhere bigger. Our bedroom is a good size though, so we're just re-arranging things so the all LO's stuff will be at one end and all our stuff is at the other. We're also replacing our existing wardrobe doors with sliding mirrored ones to save on space.

Do you have an area in your house where you could set up a nursery section type thing??

Im still living with my parent's & I share a room with 2 sisters (age 8 & 2). OH is still with his parents too, he has his own room, but is very small. So she'll be in my room next to my bed, and when I stay over at OH's, she'll have her moses basket there next to OH's bed.

Me & OH have put our names on the council list, so hopefully we'll get offered some places soon. It'll have to be soon because my house is only 3 bed, and there's 7 people living here :rofl: So yes it's over-crowded. I'm just hoping it won't be forever getting a place for Me OH & Lexie. :( But I can't moan. I should have had my own place by now, I just wanted to stay here for as long as poss. :lol:

We live in a 2 bedroom flat, so we have one room and my daughter has the other and is refusing to share!
We aren't going to move til this UK housing situation improves though, but we are lucky enough to have massive bedrooms so everything has fitted in to our room perfect, even though I would love to have a room to decorate!
I think I will only start bothering about it when she is a wee bit older and starts getting loads of toys!! xxx

We don't even have our own house yet :( we're in the process of buying but it takes long so baby will be here at my parents house with me and my OH for a few months.

We live in a one bedroom place and although we plan to move as i will only get statutary Maternity Pay we don't think it is a good idea to get a bigger mortgage until i am back working again, so will keep the cot in our bedroom. Once i'm working again when LO will be about 8 months old we will start to look to move after then. My sister had a nursery for her son and the first few months she was so paranoid about cot death that she kept his cot beside her bed, so don't worry they will be fine until they need a bed.

Glad I'm not the only one then! I think ill be the same as your friend OWO. V paranoid! Im like it with the dog I check he is still breathing sometimes! Im going to be such a worrier I prob wont get any sleep with worry

I live in a 3 bed house, but everyroom is occupied, 1 for me and hubby, 1 for my daughter and one for my sons.
So this LO will be in a cot in our room until its about 2 when it will be moved into the appropriate room.
You can still do things to your room to make more babyish though, ill be sticking some stuff on the ceiling for it to watch and im going to get a wall rug full of colours to put on the wall at the side of the cot.

Our LO will be in with us for a while. We haven't decided yet whether to extend or move.

We have got a crib instead of a cot to try and save space. We haven't bothered with a changing table this time or a baby bath and stand. We won't be using a moses basket either. I am concerned about space but have been trying hard to get rid of lots of clutter ready for when LO arrives.

I dont have one yet but its getting there :lol: the house is not yet built but plastering has started :happydance: So MAYBE by the time bean is born there will be one :)

we have 3 bedrooms and all are occuppied to the maximum so little one will have to stay in our room for a couple of years until we can either extend the house or move somewhere bigger.

I live in accommodation which is tied to my work (I'm a youth housing officer) and was expecting to be moved by now, as the place is not appropriate for somebody with young children. However, it looked as if I would be staying here for a while, as there was a bit of a cock-up with management (typical council! lol) and they said I didn't need to move, so I spent all of Sunday rearranging my room to accommodate bubs stuff as best I can. However on Tues I was told that the powers that be have realised that there are several health and safety implications if I stay here, so looks as though I will be moving after all!! Hopefully in the next few weeks, before I get too big or bubs decides to arrive!
So I am really happy that bubs will have his/her own room, and I will have more space for baby stuff, even though he/she will still sleep in a crib in my room for a while! lol
xx

We've got a second bedroom but my mum is coming over from Australia to stay with us for 6 weeks after the baby is born, so baby will be in with us for a while. OH refuses to do the nursery up until she is gone (worried she'll damage the wallpaper or something!). But it is driving me crazy not having a nursery to do up - I see all these lovely pictures of everyones nurseries and its making me want to nest like crazy!!!!

im in a 1 bed flat so baby doesnt have a room n we wont be able to get anywhere bigger till hes around 6 months so hes guna be with mummy and daddy for along time lol

that means no sex for daddy hahahah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->