no pill - no af

purplelou

Mummy to Lana Erin
Reaction score
hi all, I stopped taking cerazette (progesterone only pill/mini pill) 1 week ago, and haven't any bleeding at all since. I did have some stomach cramps after 2-3 days and felt sure I was going to see something - but nothing! am taking folic acid anyway just in case. has this happened to anyone else. i used to have some little tiny episodes of bleeding lasting 1 to 2 days whilst I was taking the pill.

thanks for any advice ladies xx

:dust:

Hi didn't want to read and run but no help to you I'm afraid as I haven't ever taken the pill.

Hope someone comes along soon with some advice or answers :hugs:

thanks anyway Macwooly,
its very frustrating!

hi all, I stopped taking cerazette (progesterone only pill/mini pill) 1 week ago, and haven't any bleeding at all since. I did have some stomach cramps after 2-3 days and felt sure I was going to see something - but nothing! am taking folic acid anyway just in case. has this happened to anyone else. i used to have some little tiny episodes of bleeding lasting 1 to 2 days whilst I was taking the pill.

thanks for any advice ladies xx

:dust:

Not sure how cerazette works in terms of bleeding - I was taking a combined estrogen-progesterone pill. As all pills work by suppressing ovulation you will not get a "real period" for at LEAST 2 weeks and possibly longer until your body resumes ovulating. I charted my BBTs on the first month off the pill so I could get an idea when I would expect AF to arrive again.

Did you stop taking the pills at the end of a pack? Do you usually get the 1-2 days of bleeding at the end of a pack? Again not sure as I believe the mini pill has 28 identical pills where the regular pill usually has 7 days of placebo, at which time women usually get a withdrawal bleed.

Keep taking the folic acid though! I've heard its best to start taking FA three months before conception.

I'd say don't panic but probably good idea to talk to your GP and discuss you are trying to conceive to alleviate any concerns about coming off the cerazette, and also any other advice they may have or they may want to do a pre-conception checkup.

I stopped my mini pill micronor 3 weeks ago and still haVent had a bleed not eVen a withdrawal bleed......who knows what's going on!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->