no pills... and headaches!!!

c.c

1st baby 3rd trimester
Reaction score
im trying not to take anything i dont need to whilst being pregnant its my first baby so worry what everything will do so finding it better to avoid pills..

but im getting alot of really bad headaches and wondering if anyone knows if the forehead sticks you can buy to rub on are safe to use????? :shrug:

xxx

yeh paracetomol are safe...i have taken them all through all 3 of my pregnancys they are fine

Oh my gosh, I get HORRIBLE headaches too, throbbing and intense like every day...what gives???

I think they simply work by evaporation, so they would be safe. I've been quite happy to take Tylenol on the few occasions its been needed, but since you decided you want to avoid that, a cool cloth to the forehead is better than nothing.

tell me about it non stop and there not small ones its always throbbing ones right over my eyes :nope: never had this many before x

have you tried some weak coffee? paracetomol actually has 15 mg of caffeine substance (forgot how it's called) which contracts your vessels a bit, coffee does the same. During second trimester of pregnancy your blood vessels expand and really push your nerves around, that's what causes this horrible migraine. If you drink just a bit of weak coffee or coke, it will stop.

When I first found out I was pregnant I was terrified of taking even paracetamol so I got the cooling gel strips.. I can't remember when their called though but they worked really well!!!! Although I must admit that now I do take paracetamol.. I had a water infection a little ago and the only thing that helped it was paracetamol!!! Aslong as you don't take more than 8 in a 24 hour period it should be fine!! xx

Oooo the headaches are horrible and I sympathise with everyone that gets them! Tiredness, headaches and trapped nerve in my back have been the three horrible symtpoms for me!! I've been using 4Head from Boots, cost £4.99 and it feels like putting Vix on your forehead lol it's good because it has a cooling sensation and it's invisable so I use it at work :) hope that helps xx

thanks maybaby every1 keeps saying take tablets but i just dont want to not that i think there bad just my choice ill try 4head then sounds good, dont think your due date is far off mine either :happydance: xxx

thanks for all comments xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4head wins hands down for me, works in seconds and lasts AGES!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->