no poopy!

ab2401

Reaction score
So my little girl came a little early, she was born last saturday.

She has jaundice, and for a bit there it was climbing pretty fast but yesterday she was tested and the results showed that it had gone down by .2 .... thats not much but its a start. Thats beside the point though.

So when we where in the hospital they had on enfamil and I'm on wic and they only give you similac so once the enfamil ran out I started her on the similac. maybe 2 days ago.

Well.... she was pooping great! about 4-6 times a day (maybe more) and starting yesterday the poops slowed down..... I think yesterday she had 4 and the last one was just 3 little pea size turds.... I was happy with the hard poop ( I thought it was cute) because I assumed she was just adjusting to being outside of my body.

Today she hast pooped at all.... well last time I changed her she had 2 pea size turds, I'm not kidding either they where the size of peas, and nothing more. Shes peeing great though.

Could it be that her body is just adjusting and changing as well as the new formula. Or should I start to worry that something else might be wrong.

This is my first child so I have no idea.

Try giving her cooled boiled water inbetween feeds this should help her.

Well she just had a small one, its wasnt much bigger. I'm thinking shes just adjusting to the new food and growing at the same time.

I will be sure to give the water thing a try, after next feeding.

I just didnt think with her jaundice, she could have water..... I read somewhere that could make it worse.

Congratulations on your daughter, I didn't even know.

:)

I dont think her poo should be shaped yet my HV told me it should still be nice a soft. I think the formula should be looked at and coiled boiled water like Fifi has said should get things moving.

HTH

xx

Thanks, oh I have tons of pictures...... they put her on some sensitive formula and gave her something to help her poo better.... so we will just have to see and her jaundice levels have came down a ton! I'm so happy!!

https://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/ab2401/Rylee34.jpg

I will post more in the photo gallery, if anyones interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->