No problems, until now?

samisshort

Mama to 2 boys
Reaction score
I didn't have any major problems breastfeeding ever besides cracked/bleeding nipples that a nipple shield easily fixed....but other than that, nothing....

Here I am 17 months down the road and I think I have a plugged duct or a milk blister?

For about 2-3 months I've noticed a lump in my breast that my doctor just blew off and said it is a cyst. For about the past month, I've had a tiny little bump right on my nipple on that same breast and it makes breastfeeding on my left side INCREDIBLY painful, to the point I actually considered stopping breastfeeding on that side. :nope:

The bump is the same color as my nipple, but it feels like a pimple or something. It hurts to touch and nursing is excruciating. I've finally had enough of this pain and want to know what to do! Please, any advice.... Nursing my son is becoming scary again as it was in the beginning because of the cracked and bleeding nipples.

Thanks in advance, anyone!

I'm also 22 weeks with #2, but Idk if that has anything to do with it.

What kind of doctor did you see? I would find another one, preferably an OB/GYN. You definitely need to get that looked that.

Definitely get that looked at as it could be the start of an abscess - especially if your skin is discoloured/red. This could be where the abscess is pushing against the skin. Hopefully it's just a wee cyst or nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->