No replies on my quiestion yesterday - TTC PLEASE HELP!

WantinNumber2

Reaction score
Okay so I got a kit to help you TTC for two months, it came with a Basal Body Thermometer 20 ovulation tests and some pills i think called fertibella.

I know the basics, to take my temperture in the morning right when I wake up and use the ovulation tests around day ten I believe?

What I want to know is when do I know if im ovulating?
Do I ovulate when it raises or right before or what?
And if I get a positive on the OPT does that mean its already to late or does it mean to BD right then?

I have read the sites and stuff many times but I want to hear from everyone else about how they do everything.

Also do you BD every day? Every other day? My boyfriend and I did EVERY DAY last cycle except for my menstration days and maybe a couple days before I started again, and no luck!

We have been trying for a baby since August 2012! I tried clomid Jan - March and nothing then again in july, nothing.

So usually I have a regular 27-28 days cycle but last month after we BD everyday almost I had 31 day cycle.... so I am hoping this month come my regular 28. However either way I want to be prepared and know what I have to do with the BBT and OPK's so I can try to have a Xmas present of a baby for my boyfriend!

When you get the +opk it means you are about to ovulate (usually within 24-48 hours) and to bd. Your temp should drop AFTER you ovulate. Also watch for your body's signs, in creamed cm, cervical positions, etc. Your cm should go to watery then ewcm. Thats fertile cm & means to bd. You should bd atleast every other day. It doesnt have to be every day but doesn't hurt if that's what u prefer. Also try Preseed. I haven't personally tried it but have heard tons of positive remarks about it. GL and tons of :dust:

Your temp rises directly after you O (although for some women it takes a few days) by at least 2/10's of a degree above the highest of your six previous temps IIRC and ideally stays elevated throughout your luteal phase. Pre-O temps generally are around 97.8 degrees F (about 36.55 degrees C) and lower and post-O temps tend to be around 97.9 degrees F (about 36.61 degrees C) and higher IIRC. Your temp does drop after you O but not until it's around AF time (although some women have an LP dip due to a a bit of an estrogen surge then). You need at least 3 elevated temps in a row to confirm ovulation occurred. If you have more than 18 high temps in a row you're most likely preggers. Keep temping and you will likely begin to see when your most fertile window is and you can time BD around there if you like. Oh, and try to take your temp around the same time each day for your best chance to see your temp shift. With BD it depends on if there are any issues with your OH's sperm whether or not BD every day, every other day, etc. is best I do believe. Maybe play around with that and see what happens?

^^^ WHS- your temp drops on OV day and is then confrimed by 3 days of sustained rise in temp...etc.. also signs like watery CM should indicate OV day as well! OPk will show the surge 24-48hrs prior to OV day. Good Luck to you!!!

Hi there, it's a good idea to stock up on lots of opk strips. It took me a long time to conceive, but it was only when I fully understood my own cycle that I got my BFP. You can get big packs of opk on Amazon, much cheaper than high street brands. So from around day 10, start testing twice a day (once in the am and once in the pm) in order to catch the LH surge. Once you get a pos opk, try to BD every day until you're sure you're no longer ovulating i.e. your BBT will increase and stay elevated, you won't have any more cm. Be aware of any painful twinges in your ovaries, this could be Mittelschmerz - a sign of o. I recommend the following website for tracking your fertility: www.fertilityfriend.com I used it when I was TTC and found it addictive!
GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->