no result?

machka

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post here. Please excuse my embarrassing ignorance about my own menstrual cycle and conception in general - the product of a Catholic upbringing I think - I've spent my entire life terrifed of getting pregnant and now that I want to, I'm reading books but still confused!

So last month for the first time in my life :)dohh: I measured my cycle length. Until now I've always thought that I am a regular 28 day kinda girl but haven't paid much attention. Anyway - it was 22 days! Which seems pretty short to me. My husband and I started trying "properly" last month, which basically meant BDing around about day 14. I did try looking for egg white type mucus but couldn't really find any.

This month I started using a OK from day 6 (as advised on the instructions), but now I'm on day 13 of this cycle already and there's nothing - only ever one line on my stick.

Now I realise I am probably worrying very prematurely, but is this a bit wierd?

Do some people not ovulate at all - could I not be ovulating? Can our ovulation days occur at massively different points each month? Can my cycle be completely different each month (ie 22 days one month and 30 another?)

Any advice gratefully received - I can see that there's a great deal of knowledge on here. I'm now looking back on all those times that we "took risks" and wondering if it wasn't a case of "luck" that I didn't fall pregnant, or something else?

I'm not an expert, but I can tell you about my experiences...
I started keeping track of day and figured I am between 27-29 days. But I didn't know when I O-ed. I wasn't very good at "feeling" when I O-ed (slight twinges and the whole CM thing doesn't turn my crank!) So I signed up for Fertilityfriend.com to track my temperatures. I found that helped, because it tells you bang on! The only thing is it wonb't tell you until 3 days after it's happened because you need 3 days of high temps before it clicks in.
As for the OPK's I bought a whole bunch of IC's and found that what time of day you pee on them (sorry TMI) is key. My first morning urine brought up nothing. Sometimes my 1pm would and sometimes it wouldn't. But The 5 pm test was pretty much always a positive for the 3 days around my o-time. (you can check out my chart at the bottom of my sig!)

But just because I got a Positive OPK and my temperature spiked, doesn't mean I actually released an egg. We'll see in 9 days!
If you go on to FF you can search for charts like yours and see Positive pregnancy results for people that have a 22 day cycle, so it can happen!
FX for you!
Hope you like it on BandB!

Just to thank you again for your response. I've signed up on Fertility Friend and I'll have a go there. FF says I need to buy a BBT thermometer from the chemist.. surely I can just use my usual digital thermometer right?

Not weird at all. Sometimes I have had stark blank until CD34 or more. It all depends on when you ovulate and how long your cycles are.

I don't know what kind you need. I didn't have one, so I just bought the basal one...

I've been using OPK's for the past week, I'm on CD 16 and had nothing....until this afternoon. I POAS at 1:30pm, and for the first time I actually got a line, still nowhere near darker than the control strip though, but it's the first time I got anything more than just a "ghost" of a line. I don't know how long it took, either, I think after 5 minutes I got frustrated and stopped looking at it, but then 10 minutes later and there it was, still pretty faint, but unmistakeable, so I am encouraged! I'll be trying again later this evening, hoping for a darker line this time.

I've been keeping track of my cycles, and it seems that it is about 30 days, and if I am about to ovulate then that seems like I'm right on target for a nice regular cycle, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Anyway, if you're only on cd13 don't get discouraged (even if your cycle is short) because that little line can pop up anytime! I would POAS twice a day, once in the afternoon and once in the evening, I think Pux is right the time of day is KEY!

Good luck!

I also agree - pee on that stick twice a day. You don't want to miss it. I am a noon and bedtime girl. Ha. My cycles are all over the place too - don't get frustrated - the line will get dark sooner than later.

Thanks both! Tbh.. last month was the very first month I recorded my cycle and I was really surprised that it was so short - I always sort of thought I was 28 days or so - so maybe it was a one off? Anyway, I'm taking your advice and I'm off this very minute to POAS! :thumbup:

Hey, there,

I used the ovulation tests and POAS everyday at 2 pm b/c the package said to try to do it the same time of day. It also gave a window of time that is best (after noon until bedtime), so I tried that. Just about when I was ready to give up, I FINALLY got a matching set of lines! It wasn't the day I expected though b/c the package also gave estimated dates of ovulation based on cycle length....so don't get discouraged!

Thanks! My stick actually showed more than one line today - although the 2nd line was MUCH fainter. I don't seem to get any egg white stuff... :confused:

Two of my friends have now recommended the Clear Blue Easy Digital stick - one got pregnant straight away when using it and the other didn't - she's on IVF - but still reckoned it's much better than others. I wonder whether to try that next month.

I do want to try charting and the temperature taking - but I may wait another month before I do that (mostly because I just KNOW I'll forget to take my temperature on waking)!

hey machka,

We are in the same boat, I got a faint line yesterday afternoon, then nothing later that night. Around 12PM today I got another faint line, so, here's to hoping we get darker lines tonight! I'm saving my tests, so hopefully I can post pics after I get a positive result! According to my ticker, I should be O'ing today, but still no positive OPK. I think OH and I will :sex: starting today anyway, just in case the tests don't pick up a surge....

ooh good luck Frippledip (great name!).. i've been accosting my OH every day or two for the last week just in case - poor man - he's shattered!! ;)

Hope you get a good strong line!!

oh bloody Nora! I've exhausted my chap for the past 7 days in a row with no signs at all from these POAS things and all of a sudden - nearing midnight - when we're both shattered and have to be up at the crack of dawn - I'm getting the strongest line ever!! :hissy:

Hi, I started to worry too when I didn't get a positive line but I discovered that I ovulate a week later than I thought. My cycle is about 25-27 days so I can now relax and just wait for the OPKs to show positive. Also I worried that the line was always fainter than the control line but it turns out even if one side is dark then it could mean a positive. I was constantly looking for a whole dark line (if that makes sense) and getting disappointed when I didn't get one. Lastly I've discovered if you give it a full 5-10 minutes to dry and develop it also gives an easier reading.

Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->