No shaving after 36 weeks? Really?!

Willow01

Reaction score
My midwife mentioned at my 36 week appointment that I shouldn't shave down below after 36 weeks incase of infection (live in Fife Scotland) when I was pregnant the last time I lived in a different region and they weren't bothered! Has anyone else been told something similar? I feel the need to shave again (as difficult as it is lol!) do you think that would be ok? I feel an idiot even writing this asking for advice on such a matter lol! Thanks

I've never heard that before. I actually shaved while in labor last time!

It's weird isn't it like I say in my other pregnancy nobody was bothered! I am just going to deal with it, it's driving me crazy!

I have never heard of that either and I still shave there at 38+ weeks☺

What!!!! 😱😱😱😱😱😱
My hamster would look like a Guinea-pig I'd be so hairy!!!!

Oh wow i've never heard that either and this is my fourth!!! I would be so embarrassed to go through labor with a jungle down there

Unless you're shaving blind with a sword I think what she told you is crap! Lol. Shave away :)

I shaved all the way through my last 2 pregnancies but I could actually see what I was doing. this time how ever I haven't been able to, my bump is so much lower and is now getting pretty solid is quite hard to shave.

Definately will have to shave tonight, the thought of going into labour when I haven't shaved it worrying me more than labour now!! She even wrote it in my notes that we had discussed it, I think it's an issue she must have lol! Thanks ladies :)

I had a shave last week at 40 weeks, well more like hack lol, it's probbaly not the neatest but I'd hate to go in with a hairy Mary :nope:

I'm in Scotland too and I have never heard this!

I was clean shaven last Tuesday at 38w when they gave me an internal/attempted a sweep and the mw didn't say anything.

I have never heard that before! I shaved last time!

I managed to shave a week ago, no cuts down there but I did mage to get my finger nail and put a big hole in it lol!

I'm in Scotland too and have just had a sweep whilst clean shaven and nothing was mentioned

Very strange! I was actually told that it's good to shave before labor because it's easier to feel clean afterwards with all of the bleeding and spraying and all that.

Nope never heard of that I shaved whilst in the beginnings of active labour at home.

Don't know why you would suddenly be at risk of infection last 4 weeks by shaving but your not before?

I've never heard that except being told not to shave before my section.

I might be in trouble now because I have become clean shaven again (as best I could lol!) I hope I don't see that midwife again she might give me a row!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->