No shots, Natural birth?

octosquishy

Reaction score
(Not sure if this is the place to post this, if not lemme know)
Just curious if anyone else was wanting to be completely natural with their children.

I'm 17 and have Eczema, which is a low-immune-system disease, so my parents opted for me not to have any shots, and I think I want to continue that tradition with my child. The worst thing I ever got was Whooping Cough and that was treated fine by medications, no hospitalization required.
My DH is a little on the fence about no shots, he's very adamant on the pertussis (Whooping Cough) vaccine, but I'm not budging. I see no use in vaccines for people with low-immune-systems (I am going to bet my son has Eczema as well, as I got hit with a double whammy, my mum had Eczema and my dad was a red-head--which are more likely to produce children with skin disorders) that can't fight off the small amount of virus in them.

And I really want a natural birth as well, I would have preferred to have my little love bug at home but my DH and mum both said no, with it being my first child and me being so young, just in case something goes amiss. I'm with a Midwife and she will be delivering at the hospital, so nothing can't be predicted.

I am also planning on growing organic veggies to mashup and freeze for Isiah, almost debating a vegan lifestyle for him until he's old enough to make his own decisions.

Anyone else want a completely natural sweetums?

Yeah, we are natural all the way with little ones but as they get older and earn their own money and mix with other families less natural things creep in which I am okay with.

It is your choice to make where you birth, not your OH or your mother's. They should respect your wishes in this and it's not for you to convince them that natural birth is okay but if they really want to advise you about birthing they need to prove that what you want to do isn't okay. Ultimately, it's your and your baby's birthing and not for them to control.

Has your OH done research into vaccines and eczema for himself? Not vaccinating and breastfeeding full term isn't a guarantee that your child won't get eczema at all but in my experience it was much less aggressive in my naturally parented children compared to my firstborn who was vaccinated and weaned at 7 months.

Yeah, we are natural all the way with little ones but as they get older and earn their own money and mix with other families less natural things creep in which I am okay with.

It is your choice to make where you birth, not your OH or your mother's. They should respect your wishes in this and it's not for you to convince them that natural birth is okay but if they really want to advise you about birthing they need to prove that what you want to do isn't okay. Ultimately, it's your and your baby's birthing and not for them to control.

Has your OH done research into vaccines and eczema for himself? Not vaccinating and breastfeeding full term isn't a guarantee that your child won't get eczema at all but in my experience it was much less aggressive in my naturally parented children compared to my firstborn who was vaccinated and weaned at 7 months.

Very much so, I don't want my child to be sheltered and think that everything I've done with him is just the bees knees, everyone else is wrong. I want him to question my parenting (not the love behind it, just the methods) and ask questions to learn for hisself.

I've pretty much given up on having Isiah at home, because I have had some complications {Severe UTI's that have almost turned Septic, and something else that hasn't been diagnosed yet either} so it's probably for the best that this time it's at the hospital ... But if I go into labor while he's at work I might just try to tough it out as long as I can at home ;P

And no, there's no guarantee that he won't have eczema (especially not from that) but sometimes Eczema isn't diagnosed until later in life (Especially in my oldest brother's case, he wasn't diagnosed until he was almost 30, despite his symptoms) and I don't want to complicate anything for him, immune-system-wise, especially while he's so young. Mostly I'm just not for it at all, and no, he hasn't. All he knows is what I've told him, which he obviously only believes half-heartedly. Breastfeeding is a must, and I'm almost contemplating letting him self-ween, I don't see the harm.

Breastfeeding is a must, and I'm almost contemplating letting him self-ween, I don't see the harm.

You're right. You can't force a child to breastfeed and you can't harm a child through breastfeeding. I breastfed my younger two full term and it was lovely for all of us. They self weaned joyfully at ages almost 4 and 5yo and enjoyed their weaning parties immensely. They are obscenely healthy children and smart and lovely to be around so I doubt it harmed them one bit.

Breastfeeding is a must, and I'm almost contemplating letting him self-ween, I don't see the harm.

You're right. You can't force a child to breastfeed and you can't harm a child through breastfeeding. I breastfed my younger two full term and it was lovely for all of us. They self weaned joyfully at ages almost 4 and 5yo and enjoyed their weaning parties immensely. They are obscenely healthy children and smart and lovely to be around so I doubt it harmed them one bit.

The main reason I have to not do it is because my DH isn't quite thrilled about the idea, he thinks since our first child is going to be a boy, that it's not "right" , I can see his side .. maybe .. but I haven't really put much thought into that side of things. You don't see many moms let their children self-ween when it's a boy.

You don't see many moms let their children self-ween when it's a boy.

i'm letting my son self-wean. so did the only other two of my friends to have boys. boy or girl, it doesn't matter... you're still their mom.

I'm planning on a natural birth, but I want my kiddo to have every vaccination out there. My mom was an army brat and got the same innocs over and over again. I get sick a lot, but I've never had MMR (m, m, or r lol), whooping cough, anything bad like that. I also am a CNA and going to go back to nursing school after she's born. Nursing homes run rampant with disease, and I KNOW i'd end up giving it to her if she wasn't vaccinated.

Yeah, THIS! WSS ^ ^ :flower:

It's not up to OH how long you breastfeed your kids for. Your choice. If you are willing to let them wean when they are ready, that is wonderful. I hope he comes round and supports you in that :)

It's not up to OH how long you breastfeed your kids for. Your choice. If you are willing to let them wean when they are ready, that is wonderful.

I couldn't agree more. Breastfeeding is between the mother and child and it's not for anybody else to interfere with that. You OH's role is to do what he can to support your breastfeeding relationship with his child as it benefits you, your baby and therefor your family. It doesn't matter the child's gender or how long they feed for...breastfeeding is a normal healthy nurturing practice and surely your partner is all for you offering this baby you have made together the very best.

I have known many boys who have self weaned when they were ready and they are healthy normal kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->