No space for xmas tree?

lau86

Reaction score
We have a kitchen diner and separate lounge, we moved to this house in may so it's our first Christmas here. I think we'll put the tree in the kitchen diner as it's huge and there's no space in the living room for it. But I still want something Christmassy in the living room- does anyone have any recommendations? I have seen 'pencil trees' but I don't know if it's a bit naff. This is the space I'm thinking of

Attachments

• IMG_4695.jpg
    IMG_4695.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 40
That looks like an excellent space for a tree imo. Mine isn't a pencil tree but it's fairly slim, got it from Argos last year it's a 6ft one and I reckon it'd fit in there, if not they've got 5ft ones that are that tiny bit slimmer.

Or, buy a 3ft tree (I got a really nice one from Asda this year for ds's room) and put it on a stool or coffee table, we did that when we lived in a really tiny flat with literally no room for a proper tree.

I’d totally squeeze a tree there lol. We are struggling on where to put ours this year. Niko’s swing lives in its spot at the moment so the swing may have to go :haha:

You could fit one in there. Just look for a slim one. :)

Maybe I was spoilt in our old house as we had a large corner area that was perfect for a huge tree and we only had one living room so it was perfect. Ill have a look around

Your house sounds similar to ours. Last year I bought a small (about a foot tall) real tree that was in a decorative pot and stood it on top of a cupboard. I decorated it with small baubles and some lights and it looked really pretty 😀

I'm in the same predicament the whole room is being rearranged for it haha.

Homebargains have a 6ft very full looking (750 tips) nice tree for £24.99, it isn't too wide at the bottom.

Can you move your cabinet onto the chimney breast(?) and have the tree in the alcove? Only if there isn't a fireplace/TV on the wall there, that is.

I'm in the same predicament the whole room is being rearranged for it haha.

Homebargains have a 6ft very full looking (750 tips) nice tree for £24.99, it isn't too wide at the bottom.

Can you move your cabinet onto the chimney breast(?) and have the tree in the alcove? Only if there isn't a fireplace/TV on the wall there, that is.

There is a fireplace so it wouldn't work and a massive corner sofa taking up the other two walls. I've got some hope now of finding something and I really like the idea of a real tree so might have a look into that

I'm sure last year I saw tree wall stickers and similar things. Might be worth a look

We have to move a armchair into another room to fit our tree in ! Just doesn't look good anywhere else !

I would deffo fit something in that space ! . I'd do what others suggested a small tree popped up on a table

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->