Noah or Jonah?

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
Just collecting opinions! Which do you prefer for a little boy - Noah or Jonah (probably will be Joe or Joey for short). Middle name is William. Love Noah but has it got too popular?
xo.

I prefer Jonah but one of my friends sons is called Jonah so I am biased! Both lovely names though xxx

I love Noah but I'm struggling with how popular it's now become. I do really like Jonah too so maybe because it's less popular I'd opt for that.

While I prefer Noah on it's own, the combo Noah William to me sounds like it needs an extra consonant sound, because of the No"wah-wih"lliam sound. In this case, I prefer Jonah William

I like both :) but I think I may prefer Jonah as you can nickname him joey or joe. & its nowhere near as popular as Noah! :)

I used to babysit a Jonah, I've always liked that name :) I do prefer it to Noah, but both are nice names.

I prefer noah, jonah is nice too.

Have you considered micah or luca?
I love all 4 of these boys names!

Thank you so much everyone! I love Jonah & so does OH, all that is putting me off is our surname is Hill & Jonah Hill is a comedy film actor - would that put you off?
xo.

I've never heard of that actor before, so no. I'm not British so if he's in British comedies then that would be why. Either way, it doesn't sound like he's hugely famous so I don't see the problem. There was a student at the high school I went to called Julia Roberts, and I don't think it was a big deal. X

Ive never heard of him either.. Jonah is a lovely name, so if you like it go for it x

Thank you! He is an American actor but he doesn't tend to play lead roles, he's quite big with curly hair. Husband said he didn't think many people had actually heard of him!
xo.

Jonah Hill is an awesome actor, funny & pretty famous.

I would look into different names, personally, as I wouldn't want my child named after anyone with first & last names.

I didn't even know there was a Jonah Hill actor til it was mentioned here, to be honest. I see nothing wrong with it, cuz when you think about it, when he goes to school, how many Kindergarteners will know who Jonah Hill is?

If my baby is a boy, his name will be Kesler. I told my son he could name the baby if it's a boy and he wanted to name him Ryan Kesler. My brother is already named Ryan so I told him he had to pick another name, and he was adamant on Kesler, after his favourite hockey player. We live on the other side of the country from where Ryan Kesler plays, and how many kids in 2018 are going to know who Ryan Kesler is? And who can guarantee he'll even still be on the Canucks, or in hockey, by then?

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion

I guess the thing with it is I wouldn't want people to think we had named the baby after Jonah Hill because it wouldn't be the case, but they inevitably would do.
xo.

I prefer Noah, but Joey is a totally cure nickname!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->