Noah Sebastian - 28th September 2010

First of all- congratulations! :D

I am sorry that things didn't work out how you had hoped, i had a very different labour to yours but some of the same sorts of feelings as things didn't go how we had planned so i can understand a little how that feels :hugs:

You did amazingly well to make it to 8cm with zero pain relief so good on you! Everything that happened after that point was beyond your control

Enjoy your little guy and just take as much time as you need to process the labour/birth and get your head around it all :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous boy! I'm so sorry for your experience. :( When you've had some time to rest and recover you might want to think about complaining as various bits of your story don't seem to add up.

My waters went early and labour then started but I had to go into hospital after 18 hours to go on an antibiotic drip as the risk of infection increases with time after the waters have gone. I was to have a water birth (I couldn't in the end because of an epi) but there was no issue about doing so despite my waters having gone many hours earlier. What is the difference between a water birth and going in the bath? Obviously in the end it was for the best for your baby. I don't understand why you weren't given any pain relief, not even gas and air?! I was given gas before I'd been checked after my waters had gone. One of the MWs carried out an internal at home when she shouldn't have done (the risk of infection is again an issue which is why they hold off on internals) but there was no issue is getting gas. I ended up on a drip for induction too after having had gas and pethidine. I just don't understand why some of your care was the way it was and it seems to have caused additional distress and discomfort for you.

Anyway, the important thing is that your LO is safely arrived. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->