Noahs Birth Story

beth0703

Reaction score
After being a nervous wreck for almost 9 months worrying about birth i didnt find it all that bad. I had a theory that if i kept calm my baby would be calm and everything would run smoothly and in actual fact it did. I cannot prove if this was just sheere luck however lol id like to think not.

I was due on the 27th Febuary and after going 5 days over due i was give the membrane sweep by my midwife. This was the friday and i had funny twinges ever since up until sunday morning around 3am i remember kept being woken up in my sleep but not realising what it was then i later realised the contractions had started. I cannot say i truely believe the sweep worked as i was already overdue by a week by the time i had Noah so he may of intended to arrive then anyway.

I found the contactions easy and very strnge id have an hour of every 7 mins or so then none for the next hour i thought it would go on forever... Then all of a sudden at around 9.30pm i had the show, and started to have painful contarctions.. i ran a bath then decided to phone the hospital as all of a sudden they were about 5 minutes apart lasting a minute. The lady on the phone was quite rude saying its 3 minutes and i should stay at home but i knew my body and knew i wanted to go.

In the end i just went at 10pm when i arrived i was taken to be checked how dialated i was and i was 5cm! i just wanted to find the lady from the phone and shout ha! told you so!.. I decided on a water birth and didnt want any pain relief drugs except gas and air. I had got to 5cm alone and it wasnt as bad as i thought so i decided that i could hold out a little longer without getting in the pool or gas and air.. ( another theory i believe worked for me) I held out till 6cm then decided to get in the water for a little relief. Although the bath didnt really work the birth pool definatly did as its a lot bigger, i dont think i could ever give birth just lay on a bed as the strain on your lower back was awful! the tub was great to chuck yourself around in and push your back against. I stayed in the water using that as relief until around 11.45 then i had the gas and air. Alot of people dont rate this but i do. I think by holding out for each pain relief helped me not ask for a severe method of pain relief i.e epidural as by the time i would of asked if id wanted it ( i didnt ) it would of been too late.

At 4am Noah arrived weighing 8lb 9oz i dont know were he was hiding as i was tiny i only got a bump at 7 months lol. i had him at the royal bolton hospital and found it clean and most staff friendly ( minus the phone lady ). Strangely he arrived in his water sack which ive never heard of they usually pop them but apperantly its fine.

The midwife who deliverd noah was called karen and was fab!! i only had me and my parter at the hospital and she just left us in the birth room. she came in every now and then to check the heart beat ect but never did she tell me what to do she just let my body go with the flow she didnt even tell me to push i hadnt a clue were i was up to he just arrived but that was good as it made it less stressfull.
Giving birth was the most amazing experience for me and my parter it has brought us so much closer together and we love having a family and i cant wait to have more! haha

Congratulations on your beautiful son! :) What a story you've shared! It makes me interested in looking into water birthing. I also don't want any pain medication, especially not an epidural. Gas is a possibility although I haven't done much research on it but I have time. Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and your family!

Congratulations on your beautiful son! :) What a story you've shared! It makes me interested in looking into water birthing. I also don't want any pain medication, especially not an epidural. Gas is a possibility although I haven't done much research on it but I have time. Just wanted to let you know how happy I am for you and your family!

Thanks and congratulations to you :) is this your first baby? Noah was mine and i was soo scared as i said but i honestly really rated a water birth and its something you should look into. Im not saying it will work for everyone but it gives you so much more space and enables you to get in other positions than lay on a bed. As for the gas i had it as when i researched all pain relief it was the only one that didnt seem to affect the baby. If you have epidurals or pethadine you are unable to be in the water as they need to moniter the baby more.

Good luck :) its honestly not as bad as i expected hopefully yours will go smoothly too :) xxxx

Thanks and congratulations to you :) is this your first baby? Noah was mine and i was soo scared as i said but i honestly really rated a water birth and its something you should look into. Im not saying it will work for everyone but it gives you so much more space and enables you to get in other positions than lay on a bed. As for the gas i had it as when i researched all pain relief it was the only one that didnt seem to affect the baby. If you have epidurals or pethadine you are unable to be in the water as they need to moniter the baby more.

Good luck :) its honestly not as bad as i expected hopefully yours will go smoothly too :) xxxx

Thank you! :) Yes, this is my first, and I'm so worried everyday hoping the baby's doing well. I have my 12 week scan (actually 13 weeks by that time) on the 20th. Will be such a big day! It's never too early to start thinking about how I'd like to give birth so I've been reading birth stories to hear about other mother's experiences. The water birth with gas sounds the most fitting to me and I'm definitely going to look more into it. Do all hospitals offer water births?

Thank you! :) Yes, this is my first, and I'm so worried everyday hoping the baby's doing well. I have my 12 week scan (actually 13 weeks by that time) on the 20th. Will be such a big day! It's never too early to start thinking about how I'd like to give birth so I've been reading birth stories to hear about other mother's experiences. The water birth with gas sounds the most fitting to me and I'm definitely going to look more into it. Do all hospitals offer water births?[/QUOTE]

I assume so. The hospital i was at had 2 birthing pool rooms but some may only have one so its just wether someone else is already using it thats the problem. Luckily when i went both were empty. Towards the end of your pregnancy you will be offerd a visit to your hospital with your mw so you can check then. When you go into labour you should ring your hospital and tell them you want the water birth so they know this is your wish and if some one else was to come in demanding one they will tell them its in use. You could look into buying a home birthing pool? they bring gas with them to deliver. I think i would consider this next time but as it was my first i felt comfortable knowing all kinds of help was around incase anything went wrong. but some people may feel better at home.

Good luck with the scan. I guess this is the first time you will see your baby then :) its incredible seeing it in so much detail even tho inside its tiny lol

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->