Noisy Neighbours and Baby

floofymad

Mummy to munchkini
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with this?... How did you deal with it?... Do babies find it hard to sleep through noise? Or generally can they ignore it?

We're having some problems with detached neighbours on one side of us revving cars, tuning them, etc etc. sometimes they park a car right next to our fence and rev it really loudly. It's really getting to me, probably because I'm nervous and anxious about upcoming labour, but also because I'm worrying about dealing with this when LO is here.

We haven't approached them yet as we're not on friendly terms with them... And I'm worrying about repercussions and them maybe making it worse to annoy us.

Any advice or experiences would be good; it's stressing me out so much I didn't sleep a wink last night

Ring environmental health for noise pollution they will send them a letter saying they have been reported if it does not stop they can get up to a 5k fine, you will be sent a log sheet to fill in or 4weeks on what's its happening and what it is and how it affects you.

We have just done this but ao far the warning letter seems to of worked

The baby will sleep through it but it needs sorted. Noisy neighbors are so selfish, its just not on!

My LO sleeps through anything, I hoover around him and everything. He doesn't care. But I would complain to the city council because they are just selfish and have no consideration for anyone else

I agree, babies can sleep through anything particularly if they're accustomed to it. But you still shouldn't have to put up with such inconsiderate behaviour so I'd report it :flower:

Thanks for all the advice. I've rang the council to ask advice, but we need to pluck up the courage to have a word first, at some point...

Thanks for all the advice. I've rang the council to ask advice, but we need to pluck up the courage to have a word first, at some point...

they said that to us but we told them we knock and they never answer!

Yep get environmental health on it... I did and a solicitors letter got sent... Unfortunately it did nothing but my neighbours an absolute selfish idiot.. However the other day he collapsed due to a drug overdose and our house became a Crime scene. I've since put in my letter to end my tenancy and I'm leaving ASAP.

I really hope you get it sorted Hun. I hate how selfish noisy neighbours are.

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->