Non invasive testing...panorama or harmony

beachlover1

Pregnant and mummy of one
Reaction score
Hi there

It's still early days for me, but if all carries on OK I'm looking at getting some non invasive testing at about 10 weeks due to being almost 41 years old (number 3 on the way) My local private clinic offers harmony and panorama tests and I'm wondering which is better in people's opinions. Has anyone had one done? How do they do the results, I mean a 1:1000 risk or another way? Sorry lots of questions!:wacko:

THANKS x

I did Panorama because at the time it screened for more syndromes but also because my friend actually got a false positive for Turners syndrome on the Harmony test and almost terminated a perfect pregnancy. Perhaps Harmony has improved since two years ago but I will be taking the Panorama again if this pregnancy makes it to 10 weeks (39 years old with prior ectopic and being screened for viable pregnancy currently).

We have a verify test here and I am thinking about doing it.

Both tests are incredibly accurate. The false negatives are about 1% and false positive 0.1% for T21 slightly less for the others. In the UK no terminations for the results for NIPT alone would be allowed, they would have CVS or amnio so the notion of in fact terminating a healthy pregnancy is a non starter. Also when I had harmony they also did the normal NHS screenings which came back low risk too so there are a number of factors that are looked at including a detailed scan. I would highly recommend Harmony testing. My midwife says its highly likely it will be available on the NHS soon and that it is indeed good way of screening for T18, T13 and T21, one of my best friends was involved in the trials at Kings and also rates it highly.

For Harmony test I do believe that the quoted risk is either 99% positive for the trisomy or 1:10,000 chance of baby having the affliction( I was also given the risk factors of the NT scan etc)

Hope this helps.
Good luck with everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->