Non-painful contractions every 4-5 minutes

Do they ease in the car? Mine did with DS and took a little while go get going again,

They get worse when I sit or we hit bumps. All that seems to help is walking outside, must be the fresh air. Right now I have 2 really painful contractions 8 minutes apart, then one that isn't as bad after 6 minutes, then back to the painful 8 minute ones.

Just lost my mucus plug. It was like a light beige colour with a brown line going through it. Contractions are still 8 minutes apart but very painful so I feel better that things are progressing. Hopefully they start coming closer together.

Awkward question... Do you keep the plug so they can see it? The L&D nurses and OB's always ask what things looked like.

:haha: There's nothing "awkward" you could bring to these discussions. We are all in the same boat. So don't worry about that!!!

If you have a decent phone, you could take a picture of the plug?!?! Try to have it on a white background and maybe lay a little measuring tape or ruler next to it for size comparison in case they ask for what it looked like. I don't think there would be a way of bringing it in without destroying it... getting squashed and unrecognizable?!?!?

Your silly body is just preparing you, and it sounds like you are having a ton of practice at these contractions. I'm still disappointed that they sent you home in your state. But I'm glad you are coping. Keep walking in that fresh air when you can; it will only help with dilation and getting things/keeping things going!

I wanted to post an update.

I went into L&D on October 12 at 4:00AM. I got checked out and was 100% effected and 5cm dilated so I was checked into the hospital. At 9AM I was a 5-6cm dilated and my water broke on it's own. 10 minutes later I was 10cm dilated. The pain was unbearable after my water broke and I instantly went from 5 to 10cm so I was given gas & air until I could get the epidural. I probably got the epidural at 9:30AM and was pushing as I got the epidural. At 10:30 I started officially pushing and Emmett was born at 12:01PM weighing 6 pounds 2 ounces and 20" long. He was 38+6 gestation. We both handled labour and delivery really well and he is doing great. I have a 3rd degree tear that is really painful but otherwise feel good.

I pretty much got the birth that I wanted and I'm very happy about that. I didn't want to use pain meds, but have no regrets. The pain was too much to handle and the epidural was amazing. The baby and I had no side effects and I pushed him out without any assistance. I'm happy I waited until the end to get it. The hospital was very accommodating with my birth plan. When Emmett was born they left him on my chest for almost 2 hours and left his cord pulsing. Everything went "too plan" except needing pain medication.

We came home October 13 at 4PM and are doing great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->