Non-parents..

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Does anyone else get REALLY annoyed at comments made by non-parents? I know some of them don't know better, but they wind me up so much that sometimes I try to avoid talking to them. :blush: Example from today; My friend was talking to me on msn and asked "Is Ryan sitting up/crawling/rolling yet?" And I replied that he was rolling and very nearly sitting up, but that I thought he'd skip the crawling stage seeing as he screams every time he's on his tummy and he'd rather shuffle on his bum or stand on his feet. My friend then said "Oh he will crawl" as if he knows better.. Maybe I'm in an argumentative mood but I had to hold myself back from starting an argument.. Other things that have annoyed me are things like "Shouldn't he be crawling/talking/walking/flying to the moon by now?? My cousin/brother/sister/niece/nephew was doing all that by 2 months" - that kind of thing. NO! He'll do things at his own pace. Sorry for the ranting.. x

I must admit that I do that....but not in the same context! I have no idea at how old a baby would do all those things you mention cause it's different for every child and stuff, and I know that some babies skip bits.

I'm more likely to whinge (usually to hubby) when someone is doing something dangerous...like having a little one standing up in those shallow trolleys - like the other week in asda. OMG I was so mad! The little boy nearly fell out a few times and the mother didn't seem to give a damn - too busy looking at new clothes!

I dont mind as long as they dont preach. But i dont like parents preaching to me either.

I dont like anyone doing that..parents or non-parents. As u say, let him go at his own pace- he's doing fine! :) I hate it when i'm out and Oliver cries and a random person will say 'oh he wants a feed' or 'why dont u do this...'' pfffft lol I think i know my baby! x

i know what you mean!! my friend was like i know so and so newborn could sit up by now....... erm yea right luv my daughter is 5 weeks i highly dobt that possible.

And is your baby talking by now?? she is 5 weeks for gods sake are these people serious!! People just dont have common sence with the questions they ask me grrrrr :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->