Non Smoker!!

Firstbaba

Reaction score
I managed to stop smoking all the way through my pregnancy but sadly just smoking the odd cig after my LO was born very quickly turned me back into a full time smoker and I was so disappointed in myself.

Last Sunday I decided to quit for good and whilst last week I could happily have murdered someone on Wed and I slammed a LOT of doors on Thurs I feel like I'm out the other side and I'm actually relieved that I don't have to stress about where my next cig is going to fit into my hectic day, I don't need to change my clothes and wash my hands about 20 times a day, it feels so good!

I've been a smoker for 25 years so if i can do it and feel good about it anyone can. If you've been thinking about quitting, go for it!!

x

Hey well done-my OH took three attempts to stop and has been smoke free for three years! The third time he popped a fiver everyday in a pot ad for six months-got himself a taylor made suit with the winnings!:flower:

oh well done sadly i smoked on and off with my last baby giving up for a month or 2 then i would smoke again for a wk or so :( sad but true! but once i'd had her i got home had one fag came bk indoors and i didn't wanna touch her :( or anyone else for that matter!! didn't want any harm to come to her, silly as i was pregnant b4!! but i guess she seemed more real and i would do anything to protect her :) so she truly is a blessing, as iv'e given up completly its been 7 wks and hubby has too :) not being mean to those who do still smoke as everyone know's who smokes how diff it is to give up!! esp when people say oh its ok :( when you know deep down its not!

so well done to you and well done to me and well done to everyone who has managed to stay away from the fags!!

Well done to your OH :thumbup:
I've tried in the past too but this time feels so different I've saved myself £50 already and I can't stop smelling my hair, I can actually smell shampoo in it.

Added bonus as well is that my LO has kissed me non stop this week, I'm sure he knows!

Definately well done to you Kelly! Its so true though, I've cut down, cut back all before but never stuck it out. This time I know I won't smoke again. You have to be in the right mindset for it.

Well done folks!!

I stopped all through pregnancy but then started after getting out of the hospital. I go outside to have them, so obviously can't if I am here alone with LO, I do desperately want to stop and think it will be much easier when I go back to work in April as I just don't have time then!! But in the meantime I am cutting right down!

When the times right for you, you'll definately do it!

:thumbup:
When the times right for you, you'll definately do it!

i def have to agree, that when the time is right you will just do it. i saw smoking nurses midwives but all felt like to much pressure if that makes sense? :blush: but i'm def starting to feel better and yes my older kids are always telling me how much better i smell :haha: although my oh is still walking round with a nicotene pen hanging out of his mouth lol :haha: but hey if it works :winkwink:.

Well done. I used the Alan Carr book 'The Easy Way to Stop Smoking'. was just fab as I was smoking for 17 years. The line that sticks out for me is 'if you have 1 more cigarette, be prepared to have 200,000 more. And that really was the deal breaker for me, because I know it's true.

Congratulations on quitting!

I stopped smoking two months before I got pregnant (wasn't planned either; just happened that way). After the father of my child and his new gf harassed me relentlessly, I started again the last month of my pregnancy. I was so disappointed in myself and now I'm still smoking...and I HATE it!

The best way to quit is to just not think of it too much. Just decide your done one day and that's it. I still need to get to that point....hope it's soon. Babies keep you too busy to worry about going out for a smoke!

Well done, I really want and need to stop. I stopped when i was pregnant but i will admit i did have the 'odd one' which prob equaled to around 5 a week some weeks and some none! i am so ashamed to say that but its true so i will. When i got out of hospital i started to smoke a couple a day as felt like it was my only way OH would let me have 10 mins, which i really needed when LO was younger and he did not sleep at all. Well as you all know 2 never lasts for long and now im back up to around 6-7 a day but can feel my self really needing to smoke again....i desperately want to stop but will also admit i have not tried again since having him. Any advise?

Oh just to let you all know i smoke no where near LO, at the back of the garden then coat off cardigan off wash hands etc...x

i smoke while i was pregnant with lo. a lot. :cry: He didn't seem real to me. going back now i would never do that again, and wont do it in further pregnancies.

I started having the occasional cig about 7 weeks after lo was born, never around him and always showering after. I started work back recently and smoke there and in my truck (not my car). I can feel the addiction coming back. :( But so far I havent had any since saturday, but will tomorrow.

as far as quitting goes, whenever i was at home with lo and craved a cig, i ate cookie dough. like a lot of cookie dough. :nope: you could try replacing your cravings with something else you enjoy, but in moderation. or make it a rule that every time you smoke you have to take a shower, for lo. make it so its not easy.

With repeated failed attempts behind me I definately believe that you will come to the decision yourself that enough is enough and that will be the successful time. I smoked the last cigarette out of my packet and just decided that was it and I haven't bought another packet. I also haven't used any nicotine replacement.

I do have a list I refer to in my weaker moments of why I need to stop and I used all the Paul McKenna audios on the 'Lorraine' website which I found really helpful for me. I'm also allowing myself as much nice food as I like for the first 2 weeks!

I'm noticing a new benefit of not smoking every day this time where in the past all I could think about was smoking.

The first week is fairly bad. After that its not so bad.

xx

i think its really good that we can admit things here :) even tho we all know whats wrong with smoking it doesn't make it any easier to quit the more pressure on yourself i think the harder it is to quit . i announced on face book that i'd quit and then when i started puffing again whilst pregnant i felt mortified . my advice is right down the reasons for why you smoke etc? do you enjoy it that kind of thing? the silly thing for me i would gag and feel awful with my 1st fag of the day? stupid huh? but i would still do it lolol krank or wot lol
try to avoid smoking mates as they will almost encourage you to carry on smoking they wanna quit too really just don't wanna admit it ? quite a few of mine would offer me fags as if you would lol

well done everyone and good luck to those who try xx

I've had to cancel a night out this weekend, I don't trust myself to drink and not smoke yet!

I know exactly what you mean with the gagging. I used too gag a lot when I smoked but I persevered. Honestly if I put as much effort into other things as I have done with smoking I'd be amazing! Lol.

Gagging while I was pregnant, same here. I told a friend about it and she said it was my body telling me I shouldnt be doing it. I am glad we can admit things on here too. :)

I've had to cancel a night out this weekend, I don't trust myself to drink and not smoke yet!

I know exactly what you mean with the gagging. I used too gag a lot when I smoked but I persevered. Honestly if I put as much effort into other things as I have done with smoking I'd be amazing! Lol.

hahaaha i'm laughing so hard:haha: soooooooooooo true!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->