Noob to the forum :-) Sore boobs!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by dollygirlie, Oct 17, 2008.

1. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

Hi people, been reading your posts, seems a great and very helpful forum

My question is that i am coming upto the 16 week, and mostly of an evening, my nipples and around my breast gets very sore, the nipples go either purple or white at the ends and its REALLY painful, I just wondered if there were any remedies out there people know of, warmth helps but it takes a while to work?

2. rita lewis

rita lewis Well-Known Member

Hi!
    Just to say hello really- i posted something last couple of day about sore niples... no remedies though... really bad sore boobs and itchy nipples... it drives me mad
    let me know if you find a suitable "cure"

3. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

the only thing that helps is a warm bath and a water bottle held to my chest, I was thinking of purchasing those small heat pads, where you can flex the metal disc in them, they heat up - to around 100 times I think. My worst fear is my nipples becoming sore and erect out in public, due to the cold. I would of thought there may be some sort of de-sensitizing creme out there or something, anyway try heat, it certainly helps, much sympathy is agony!

4. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

oh try vaseline or lip balm on your nipples, might help with the itching at least!

5. rita lewis

rita lewis Well-Known Member

thanks, will do...
    x

6. AprilMum2009

AprilMum2009 Well-Known Member

Hiii dollie girly!! Sorry to change the subject a little but but Does anyone know why boobs itch soo much when your pregnant? Omg mine have been driving me craaazzzyyy!!! x x

7. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

probably cos they are expanding, maybe the little milk chambers are filling out ready to push the milk out, thats my abstract theory anyway :baby: